Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm real nervous for some reason

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by koldsimer, Apr 24, 2006.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm hoping the brotherhood can help me out here. I'm going in for surgery tomorrow and for some reason, i'm EXTREMELY nervous about it. I think that it just seems like i'm falling apart at 30 and it's kind of depressing. I haven't taken the greatest care of my body but I never expected to have had 3 major surgeries by 30. They are giving me two seperate procedures; a fissurectomy and a sphincterotomy. There is also a lump in my colon that needs to be removed. So yeah, it invlolves my bunghole and that scares me a lot! The bathroom has always been my favorite place to read and i'm worried my personal library experiences will never be the same.:haha: I just can't figure out why this is freaking me out so much. The past two surgeries were major and they didn't have me nearly as nervous. I think seeing the procedure performed online has me freaked out to some degree. There seem to be two major advantages/reasons to getting this surgery though. 1) I will finally be able to do what I want, when I want. Pain won't rule my life like it has the past few months. 2) I can have a custom t-shirt that proclaims "biggest a**hole in Tx." or "I'm a big ol' a*s" I think they could be taken wrong though so I dunno. Sorry if this post sounds whiney or whatever, I just need some help from some friends i guess.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If you get the shirts just make sure it says that you just had surgery.

Good luck to ya. I'm quite sure all will be well in the end.

As it were. So to speak. After a fashion.

K. I'm done now.

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I would be scared too and I dont know anything about it. All surgeries scare me, even little ones like for a tooth or something. I havent had any so I dont really know what advice to offer except to try and not think about it or worry about even though that is prolly impossible. just remember that there are people here for you.

4. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sometimes less knowledge is better......................my two cents, plan a major upgrade or a bunch of little ones fer yer truck, plan in detail and let that be your main thoughts till ya get back home to rest.

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Good luck to ya man!! Any surgeries can be scary, but just remember that medical science is more advanced than it has ever been and there are tens of thousands of surgeries performed every day that go off with out a hitch!! You'll be fine.

BUTT, please keep us posted....we don't want to ASSume anything.:haha: :haha:

In all seriousness, good luck and hopefully you have a good lookin' nurse.:D :D

6. koldsimer

:haha: :haha: :haha: I'm feelin' better already .

7. koldsimer

Less knowledge is better sometimes- damn why did I watch that video?!? First planned upgrade- donut for blazer seat!

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Oh, by the way...........................

PNPP

Post No Pics Please!

9. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Bunghole defense is a natural survival response.

You'll be just fine. If your still wound up when you get in ask for a pre-op shot. You'll probably get valium or something similar. Afterwards you will not care, they could make you a woman and you'd laugh. In fact, you may want to duct tape your pee-pee up high. Just in case. :D

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Just tape a sign to your butt that says:

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW????????:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

11. koldsimer

Thanks guys. I needed a good laugh tonight!

12. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

The bunghole is a scary place for foreign objects. Just think about roasting all 4 42" swampers..... :D :bow:
    -Harrison

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Just think about having yer truck as GMOTM...

See if the doc will spring for dinner first too, it's the polite thing to do. :D

Rene

14. koldsimer

I'll have to mention that pre-op. :haha: I'm thinking Ruth Chris' or Bobs chop house.

15. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

you know they say everything is bigger in texASS... LOL... Also be sure to ask to use plenty of Bung Balm...... LOL...

Hope all goes well.

16. smalltruckbigcid

smalltruckbigcid 1/2 ton status

Take a marker and make a sign around your unit that says not here....just so the doctor can't get confused on where to stick what. Good luck.
    George

17. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hey i had heart surgery at 17yrs old back in 2002... so i know about major surgeries... as hard as it may be (for me atleast) just relax and trust the professionals...

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Good luck Brother. Post up when you can. Like Dontoe said, no pics. :D :waytogo:

19. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

been there...

I was almost certain I'd be dead after my operation in 2001 to remove a tumorous testicle..I was afraid it was cancerous,and the cancer had spread through my body already..I'd put off having anything done for many years,had lots of pain,felt weak all the time,and my nerves were shot!..I would not have been suprised if I was already full of cancer,and that it was terminal,the way I felt..:doah:

I had just lost my dad not long before(he died at the same hospital:eek1: --and had nursed my mom back to somewhat good health after his death when she was bedridden with emphasema..one of THE worst years of my life..my best friend also died in 1994 after heart surgurey at the same hospital..its reputation isn't exactly stellar..

If not for the fact my older sister went to the hospital and waited for me to come out of surgurey,I'd probably have chickened out and not gone thru with it...

The day of my operation was the most scared I have ever been in my life..and I was no stranger to the operating room,I'd had a double hernia when I was only 4 or 5 years old(and that operation was suspected as the cause of the tumor,the blood supply was restricted to that testicle,and the doctors agreed it may well have been the cause!)...

I can relate to your fears..the LAST thing I wanted was to lose a testicle,or have anyone poking around down there!..when it comes to your private parts,your naturally more anxious about anything being wrong with them,and its downright embarassing to even speak about any health issues concerning them..I'd rather lose a limb than go thru that again..at least you'd get disability....

A few months after my surgurey,I saw the same operation on MTV--that guy that had testicular cancer--(Tom Geen??)...I regret watching that,I was sickened to know I went through the same thing!.:eek1: .I think your better off NOT knowing whats involved...

Good luck,and keep your mind on other things..I tried focusing on the nurses extra large boobies as they gave me the anestetic..that worked until I fell asleep...but when I woke up,two hairy doctors were standing over me..:eek:
    Try to keep a positive attitude,and dont dwell on the surgurey,even though it may seem impossible...:crazy:

20. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Once your all hooked up and doped your good to go. The hard part is going down there and getting ready, the rest is easy. Just fall asleep, let them stick things in your :eek1: and wake up, no problem, although I could see how it might be hard to sit for a little while.