Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm realizing that some of the music in my iPod is ghey.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Craig Artzner, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Craig Artzner

Craig Artzner 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

As I've been driving around in my Blazer lately with the top off, I'm noticing that some of the songs that pop up in my iPod mini seem really ghey. I mean, when you're at home, listening to your own music in private, you tend to not think about how it sounds to everyone else.

Now that I have the top off my Blazer, even at a low volume, my stereo can be heard by pretty much anyone in a 25 foot radius. Some of the songs in there I downloaded just for fun, others I do like (just not blaring from my Blazer stereo). But I really need to change out some of this $hit. That or just make a playlist of stuff I don't mind sharing with motorists and pedestrians...

Marked for deletion:

Careless Whispers by Wham!
    Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
    Oh Girl by the Chi Lites
    Strike It Up by Black Box
    Venus by Bananarama
    Every Morning by Sugar Ray
    Coming to America by Neil Diamond

There's more to that list. There's 842 songs in there right now. It's time for an overhaul.

Here's some of the stuff I like to crank when I'm driving:

Just One Fix by Ministry
    Space (I Believe In) by Pixies
    Surprise! You're Dead! by Faith No More
    Astronomy Domine by Pink Floyd
    Smack My B!tch Up by The Prodigy
    Cocaine Blues by Johnny Cash
    El Mariachi by Gypsy Kings
    Everlong by Foo Fighters
    Fight for Your Right by Beastie Boys

Let's hear some more suggestions for a good driving playlist...:cool1:

2. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Bah, I don't care what people think. Actually, it's kinda fun to blare something they wouldn't expect. Garth Brooks from a riced out Honda.. Britney Spears from a big lifted K5.. anything manly from a new VW Bug heh.

I have a very eclectic collection on my iPod: Garth Brooks, Metallica, KMFDM, Sisters of Mercy, Voltaire, Dr Dre, Eminem, ICP, Jamiroquai, Nobuo Uematsu, Noriyuki Iwadare, Orange Range, Yoko Ishida, Alabama, Yellowman, Pantera, Sepultura, Britney Spears, TLC, even *gasp* Michael Jackson.

I couldn't care less what other people think when I'm cruisin' :)

3. Craig Artzner

Nobuo Uematsu! I've got a ton of his stuff in my iPod. Love it. Gotta love his work in the Final Fantasy series...

4. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Go to limewire and download Jeff Beck "Blue Wind" live w/ Jan Hammer.

[​IMG]

No vocals and like nothing else. Jan would play keys like a second guitar and these guys locked in...:bow::bow::bow:.

Beck also had a song called freeway jam. Excellent for cruising. Not for everybody but if you like early progressive guitar oriented jazz/fusion/blues based rock then the buck stopped here.

[​IMG]

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Jimi
    AC/DC
    Zepplin
    Jerry Reed
    Hank
    Iron Butterfly just to name a few.

6. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Intermission from Tool's Aenima is a good song to have blasting when stopped at a stoplight, top off, truckload of people.

7. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

im one of those people that will listen to random unexpected songs too. i just do it when im bored going somewhere. ill try to look cool while i do it too. but i listen to anything really and dont care. the only songs i wont play are most mainstream gay rap thats played on the radio. For this spring break i rode with a foreign exchange student and he played some european hip hop. it was pretty cool sounding. So i played it loud. but when im driving around with someone ive never taken anywhere i bust out the 69 boys. TOOTSIE ROLL!!! or the team america song, or some michael jackson.
    But seriously. just play what you like. not what other people like, or what they think is cool. of course i have grown accustomed to the strange looks from driving a sweet ass camoflage blazer around. :rolleyes:

8. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

OMG..some songs? You know how I know your ghey? :D

9. Craig Artzner

It's the Johnny Cash isn't it? Dammit I knew I shouldn't have shared :haha: :haha:

On a side note I changed out about 200 songs last night my iPod last night and now it won't work. It just gives me an exclamation point next to a file folder icon and it won't charge or anything :mad: . I even left it on charge overnight. Anyone ever had this problem? Guess I'll have to find the iPod CD...

Maybe it's just time for a new mp3 player...I've had this one since '04.

10. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Once it charges overnight, reset it (hold menu and select) until you see the Apple logo. If it still won't work, you can use ipod update or iTunes to reformat the unit. If the PC won't even see the iPod plugged in, reset it and once you see the logo, hold menu and play/pause to put in disk mode. If none of that works, get a nice big hammer.... :)

11. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Had a friend of a friend who was rather proud of her polish ancestry.. she'd cruise around with her booming stereo, and blast polka music..

talk about waving yer freak flag high..

As for recommended driving music, go get "moontan" from golden earring.. any deep purple will work too.. just play what you like.. F 'em if they can't take a joke..

just yesterday, I get off the freeway and I'm sitting at a light with motorheads "iron fist" cranked up.. earlier, I was playing Fu Manchu..

Once I had a lady flip me off 'cause I had rush limbaugh on the radio..

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Amen. If they lok at you funny, wink.;) :D

13. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I keep an unusual collection of music on my ipod/CDs. Sometimes I don't care what people hear, and sometimes I agree that it just sounds ghey.

I will, however, play "I'm too sexy" as loud as my 2" dash speakers will take.

14. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Yep, super ghey

The Cult "Electric" from 1st song to last may be the best driving (or doin' "it") album ever:waytogo:

John