Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im scared someone advise

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by texrbl, Aug 18, 2003.

1. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

aight 2 problems and i know this might be kinda long but please

1. got my oil changed up the street cuz i was short on time they put dino oil and a cheap filter instead of syn. wich its had since the 98 motor was put in, then a lifter started knockin so i put Lucas in and it stopped the next day i changed the oil again to Mobil. While crawlin yesterday it started knockin again but then stoped again. So besides the lifter the oil pressure is good on start (about right around 60) but drivein after school around town today i looked and it was just above the zero(the temp was fine)? any advice on this im kinda broke and i dont need anything else goin wrong right now /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2.befor i bought it i had it checked and the mechanic said rear diff flange(have no idea what he ment but i figured it was with the rearend somehow) is loose, so i figured the rear end was bad and no big deal ill throw in a 14BFF and have a good excuse. I put it in a runnin gear and it clanks most the time, vibrates in the upper RPM then pops when shifting under pretty good acceleration and vidrates when coastin on the highway. then today i jumped on it the engine started to rev. alittle higher than the truck was goin kinda like if u ride a clutch a little. first time this has happend. im thinkin maybe now its the tranny and not the rearend what do yall think? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

This is a 84 K5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif with 98 GM350 completly stock except 33's that i put on last week and Flowmaster installed 2 days ago

2. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

come on someone here has to know something

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

1. Oil pressure... this could be so many things internal to your engine. First thing I would do is change the oil - NOW. Have a magnet on hand to pull any fragments from the oil. If you find any signs of metal... you'll need to get in there an find out what is happening. Doesnt that 98 motor have a warranty?

2. Get in the 14b, change out the oil. Use 85/90wt. or better. Check the hubs, and be sure the bearings are ok, and the preload is set correctly. Finally, check the pinion for ANY movement. If needed, just go thru the axle and replace ALL the bearings.

Just my .02!

-Dan

4. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Does your 14 B have a gov lok in it? If it does the gov lok might have went out on you.

5. texrbl

texrbl Registered Member

i dont have the 14b in so befor i spend the money i wanna make sure its not the tranny

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's never a bad idea to change the fluid and filter if you have any questions about your automadic transmission. If the fluid is brown and smells burnt, you just might have a problem.