Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm screwed, any ideas on prices for a used d60 spindle?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by mpascino, Aug 6, 2002.

1. mpascino

mpascino 1/2 ton status

I\'m screwed, any ideas on prices for a used d60 spindle?

So as some may know I busted a stub shaft last week. When tring to disassemble the axle to replace the stubs with 35 spliners I find the spindle has actually expanded ever so slightly and screwed up my world. I had to chisel the locking nuts off and now the bearings will not slide off the spindle. I'll have to give it another go in the morning. Any ideas are welcome. Anyways I am preparing for an A$$ reaming tommorrow when I hit the yards around here. I need this thing asap so I know the price won't be good. How much am I looking at, I'm sitting down.
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m screwed, any ideas on prices for a used d60 spindle?

I did the same thing about 6 mo. ago. I was able to get the old brg. off and buff the spindle a little. The new brg. is a little tight going on but with a little tab of the hammer the brg. went on. It is tight when I pull it off now to repack but it works for me. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I can't imagine being able to find a junkyard D60, much less just getting a spindle off of one. Try Boyce Equipment if you can't find one anywhere else. Also, try getting a Dana Spicer part number for it and then calling 4WPW or Randy's Ring and Pinion.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Greg72 was in the same position as you but just ordered a pair from boyce equipment for $160.00 each brand new.