Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm selling my burb & crewcab.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chopped&bobbed77burb, May 18, 2006.

1. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

For you local guy's in Oregon and Washington , I'm selling my burb and my 1 ton crewcab . I want to get back into racing and I'm buying a 100/125cc shifter go-cart . $4000 for the burb and $2000 for the 1 ton 2wd crewcab . My 1 ton cc is from yuma , az so it has no rust and a rebuilt 454 and turbo 400 with 100k original miles . I would like to see a ck5er get either of these rigs. the burb has all 1 ton running gear and a great running .30 over 350 4 bolt main 010 casting block w/ 78k on a complete rebuild . New clutch assembley mabey 1000 miles ago ! run's and drives great . 42" swampers with the rear have 150 miles on them and 1 wheeling trip and the fron't have 80% tread with some chunked lugs but no cut's in any of the tire and I also have 4 spares :D . Burb also has a xd9000i warn winch and a 4 point cage of 1 1/2 .250 dom :bow: . Whoever gets my burb is going to get a great rig and $4000 is cheap . I thought I would give the local guy's a shot and if I don't get any bites I will list them in the for sale section for everyone and also list them on craigslist . I'm not parting any of my rigs so PLEASE do not ask . Cash only and no trades . Thanks brothers :bow: .

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

OH MAN! I am happy you want to get back into racing but I hate to see ya sell your burb. that is a bad ass rig. you just done with wheelin or what? if I had the cash I would take it for sure but Im tapped at the moment. any other means of collecting the cash for racing?

3. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Can I get a pic of the rear end of the burb, for future referance. Too bad your selling your trucks, but there is a lot of it going around.

4. crawford

crawford 1/2 ton status

Dang man. I guess those little suckers are expensive.

5. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

you make me sad. :(

6. chopped&bobbed77burb

I buying 2 carts . 1 for the small tracks like pats acres and 1 to run at pir (big track) . In memory of 4wheeling I can even run dirt track if I want :haha: . I'm gonna craiglist them this week :( . I never keep anything very long . I have 40+ cars/trucks and 30+ motorcycles since 1985 :eek1: . Good thing I've kept my wife for 12 years :D . Josh , when do you want to get that trans cover ? I also have some tube 4sale : 1 1/2 x 1/4wall dom (16ft) and 2" x 1/4 wall dom (10ft) . good 4 link material . $40 for all of it . No shipping :haha: .

7. mudhound72

mudhound72 1/2 ton status

Got some pics of the tow rig

8. chopped&bobbed77burb

Here are some pic's of the crewcab . This is a 1 ton 2wd . It has just over 101,000 original miles with about 9 thou on a rebuilt 454 (30over/crane cam/EB 2-0 manifold) and turbo 400 . the turbo 400 has a allision tc and has been built for towing . This trans also has the very short shaft and bolt on yoke so it would be easy to put a np205 behind it . I have all new 4x4 brakets for it . Never smoked in and the seats are in great shape but the headliner need's replaced . Arizona rigs are known to have their headliners bake out :haha: . Truck has ac but need's recharged . The motor is worth easily the price of the whole truck . I knew the original owner as he was the father of my next door neighbor . I know everything about the truck and have receipts for the work my neighbor had done . The stuff for the engine and trans work was lost in the family battle that insued over the estate :( . But I knew Vern (orig owner) and the old guy took care of this truck . The rear axle has 4:10 gears and a detroit locker so 55-65 is about right on the freeway (2500-2800 rpm) . This truck tow's very well . It has a holly electric fuel pump and I think it has a little to much pressure (7-9psi) for the q-jet . I still need to install a pressure reg . It runs great but sometimes spit's under load but is fine at idle and goes like a raped ape when you drop the hammer . I bet this motor is putting out 400+hp . I've gotten 11 mpg with a cab over camper on it and the worst was 8mpg . If you keep your foot out of it :haha: it should do ok .

cc4.JPG

cc5.JPG

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  9. crawford

crawford 1/2 ton status

I'll try to swing by and pick it up this weekend. I'll give you a call.

10. chopped&bobbed77burb

I can always meet you some where closer if you like . Off 205 someplace ?

11. mudhound72

To bad you are 2000+mi away O well sh** happins

12. chopped&bobbed77burb

Any of you guy's think I could get $800 to $1000 out of the truck without the 454/t400 . I would like to keep the engine and trans and sell the rest of the truck as a roller . The truck has a hydroboost system so I would leave the powersteering set up and also leave the almost new 4 core radiator . I almost bought a gm 350 crate motor awhile back and was gonna swap motors but I've towed with a sbc before and your pretty much flat footing it on any type of hill . so I sh!t canned that idea . I think this 454 would kick @$$ in a Nova or a Chevelle . I do have some interest in the burb so hopefully it will go soon and I can get my cart and maybe a cheap dirtbike so I can still play off road .

13. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I'll give ya $1000 if you deliver :D:eek1::wink1::haha:

Looks damn nice:thumb:

14. chopped&bobbed77burb

15. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Fixed it for ya:D

It looks well worth the money but I'm still paying my $1400 gas bill from the last trip:eek1::(:D:wink1:

16. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

damn dude... selling that burb? say it isn't so! :(

I thought you had a back problem that stopped you from racing? what happens if you (god forbid) re-injure something... you'll be burbless! truly a fate worse than death!

j

17. chopped&bobbed77burb

I used to road race motorcycles (gsxr 750/1100) and my arthritis in my neck was causing my migranes so I had to stop riding all together . I think racing go carts will be ok . It's not like I don't bounce all over the place when I'm wheeling my burb :haha: . Yes I have some back issues but my chiropractor keeps me in line (pun:D ). It just cost so much for gas and my rig is a bigin so it will end up braking parts so I thought I would do something a bit cheaper and get alot of track time . I would love to have a dirtbike but if I hit my neck just right :eek1: I may end up being a wheelchair pilot . Maybe later I will build another rig that is a bit smaller and better on gas . I really do need to let the 1 ton crewcab go . I've only put 1900 miles on it in 2 1/2 years :doah:

18. mudhound72