Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm selling my Jimmy

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by sarazk5, Nov 4, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I\'m selling my Jimmy

Well, I finally got my new car... well new to me. I got a 98 Lexus ES300. After much deliberation I have decided to sell the Beast. After driving the Lexus, there is no way I will want to drive the Jimmy around. You guys have first dibs if anyone is interested in it let me know.

I will still be around here, we are selling the Jimmy and the 4Runner, but still plan to finish the 72 Blazer. So it is not good-bye. We just have to get the tranny in and start the upgrades.

Options for selling:
    As is with all extra parts I will need to get close to $6,000 for it. Has a brand new engine, new tranny, new tires, almost everything under the hood is new.

Amenities include:
    35" Goodyear MTR's, Mickey Thompson Alcoa Wheels, 4" Rancho Soft Ride springs, new carpet, recent upholstery, Billet Grill, Grant Aluminum Steering Wheel, Warn Hubs. All brakes were redone, including master cylinder. Extended Brake Lines. The truck is very reliable, I was driving it daily.

The engine is brand new, we used all quality parts, had everything balanced, heads were resurfaced, valve job, new edelbrock valve springs, edelbrock RV cam, valve covers, manifold, carburetor (1903), and dual rolling timing chain. Hastings cast rings, Clevlite bearings, Silv-o-lite pistons, new crank. Everything was .030 over, 9.1-1 compression.

I just wanted something nicer, comfier, that I could relax on my way to and from work in.

Things it needs to finish:
    Door panels, some body work, paint. I'd also put a shackle flip on, and regear it, and put a locker in the rear.

Option 2:
    I swap out the rims/tires, stereo, steering wheel, carburetor and sell it for 4,000 b/o. These would be swapped with what is on the 72.

You can see pics on my webshots under sschevytrucks. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m selling my Jimmy

Can you send me some pics? I have a buddy that might be looking and I try to egg him on to get yours. He wasn't looking to spend quite that much but we can try to push him a bit. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Congrats on the new luxury...

3. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status