Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm selling the beast and going heep

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by elkboy, Nov 11, 2001.

1. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

I\'m selling the beast and going heep

I just put the beast up for sale. I'm ordering a new TJ and I have no extra room. Feel free to rib me ( especially on the trail [​IMG]). I'm getting a TJ with a soft top and manual trans so I can tow it behind my R.V. (it's only 3400 LBS) .

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Re: I\'m selling the beast and going heep

Maybe I should buy your beast... then when you realize how much ya miss it I could sell it back for $10,000 (which you'd paid once you realize you sold your baby!) to teach you a lesson for going Heep! [​IMG]

&lt;&gt;&lt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>&gt;&lt;&gt;
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    I keep trying to lose weight, but it always finds me!

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

You could always cut the top off you k5 and get a soft top for it, and if you really want a manual then you can put one in. Also just put a set of 31s on it so you can tow it behind and you will be happy. With a heep even if you lift it 4" you can only put 33s on it, but you will rub like crazy flexing it.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

well good luck!!!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

6. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

hey wait, dont sell the beast, or you will be buying those parts again to build your Heep.

7. DesertDueler

Hes right, unless you get the TJ with dana 44s front and rear.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

8. ROCKBUGGYK5

ROCKBUGGYK5 1/2 ton status

i sold my blaze to build a yj.......do it.....i will never look back now u can do all the cool trails without ripn ur body off

ROCKBUGGY K5 38S LOCKED AND CHOPPED

9. DesertDueler

Yea except for a yj you need bigger axles, and build a good cage since the stock one sucks. Dont get me wrong I like jeeps to. My buddy has a yj that has a tune port vette motor in it, chevy tranny t-case and front axle converted to 5 lug, and a ford 9" in the rear. It also has 38.5x14.5/15s on it. And cant forget nitrous. Most of the guys I go out wheeling with are jeep guys, and I end up getting a few dents, but I like having a v-8, and its cooler to go through a jeep trail in a fullsize.

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Sorry to see you leave the brotherhood. Ah, a new Heep, that is interesting. I imagine no mods are in your future? They're good for what your intended use will be as is, tho the stock Jeep look is kinda wimpy............especially after seeing your RED BEAST.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

11. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

going through jeep trails is the shizat, its worth if because by time you get out your truck is little mor aerodynamic........yeah

high

12. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I totally understand the choice of a jeep if you only plan to do trails with it. But why buy a new jeep to wheel??? Seems almost silly. I also agree that you will be facing more problems down the road. Breakage of axles... driveshaft angle woes... of course the additional problems of lift/tire size/clearence.

Most of the trails wround here are too thin for a fullsize and lead to body damage, and if I was to be pure offroading in blood and was to use a rig trail only it would be a Toyota so I know how you feel. Good luck with the Jeep. Hopefully it will go the way you want it and you won't miss the ole beast.

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

13. shawnboy

shawnboy 1/2 ton status

Better my sister in a whorehouse than a brother in a jeep!!!!
    Shawnboy.

<font color=red>If you are having too much fun it's probably illegal.</font color=red>

14. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

&lt;shrug&gt; I had no problems taking my Suburban up Raw deal this weekend... in fact, the added track, and wheelbase put me in less risk of extensive body damadge in some cases. I did smack some of hte rear fenders around, but those are the ones I plan to lop off, and replace with some really really heavy gauge steel bumper type thing.

have fun with your TJ... they do have thier places, but I'm going to stick with my fullsized.

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>2007 Ford XLS++ intrepid Ram Superduty 7000 R-type's suck</font color=blue>

15. elkboy

elkboy 1/2 ton status

My wife said if I sell the beast I can order a new jeep. I can't turn down that offer [​IMG]. I think she secretly doesn't like it parked in front of the house. Anyway I'm going to make a daily driver/trial rig out of it is why I'm going new. I'm going to order a new X with 373's and a traclok. I figure the first stop will be 33" SSR's and a 4" lift, and some sliders to keep the dent's off. I'm sure I'll miss the V8 though, that I-6 feels pretty puny.

<font color=red> Elkboy </font color=red> 82 K5 fuel injected H.O.305, TH350/205, 14bolt/10bolt and 39.5 TSL's.

16. jbissette

jbissette 1/2 ton status

I think a jeep wouldn't be too bad. I have thought about it too. But I can't afford one.

88 Chevy K1500, 350 TBI, TH700R4, 3" body lift, 33x12.50x15 Tires

17. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Norm, enjoy it. Hey, you got the wife to agree to a NEW rig!!! It will be a nice unit, that you can also daily drive and get good mileage to boot. Might want a hard top for these Oregon winters...........lol. Keep us informed........and see ya at Sand Lake/TSF.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<a target="_blank" href=http://www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com>www.blazzinor.rockcrawler.com</a>

18. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

To be honest, I plan to get another older CJ when I can afford it, but I'll keep the K5. Can't fit the whole family in a Jeep, but I'm considering having it for fun in the sun and there are some Jeep-only clubs and trail rides around here that I'd love to go on. Besides, my oldest daughter will be driving in about 3 years, so she'll have to have something to get around in and she sure as HELL ain't driving a 4 cylinder pocket rocket like the kids are all driving now. I'd hate to have to see one in the driveway and not be able to shoot it cause I'm paying for it. I give other makes a hard time occasionally, but any 4x4 that gets used is OK in my book. The more the merrier, I say, if for no other reason than to piss off Al Gore.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

19. bigk

bigk 1/2 ton status

To be honest, I plan to get another older CJ when I can afford it, but I'll keep the K5. Can't fit the whole family in a Jeep, but I'm considering having it for fun in the sun and there are some Jeep-only clubs and trail rides around here that I'd love to go on. Besides, my oldest daughter will be driving in about 3 years, so she'll have to have something to get around in and she sure as HELL ain't driving a 4 cylinder pocket rocket like the kids are all driving now. I'd hate to have to see one in the driveway and not be able to shoot it cause I'm paying for it. I give other makes a hard time occasionally, but any 4x4 that gets used is OK in my book. The more the merrier, I say, if for no other reason than to piss off Al Gore.

Karl
    Temporarily Unemployed Underwear Model
    87 3/4 ton

20. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

the 'x' model is jeep's best idea for the wrangler in a while, sub 20k price for a I6 with none of the crap that needs to be in a jeep anyway..... the idea of options in a wrangler cracks me up....

that being said, i hope you enjoy your new toy, if i'm not mistaken you can lift it 4 inches and run 33's, and still keep your factory warranty, huh? good deal...

greg