Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm signing the lease on my first house!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hunterguy86, Apr 20, 2006.

1. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

Today after work I'm going to meet my 2 friends and we are signing the lease.

I'm pumped cause this is my first house outside of my parents of course.

I have lived in the dorms for 2 years, Im ready to get a real place.

This house is 1200 sq ft, 3 bed, 2 bath, study that could be converted to a bedroom, 2 car garage, and a huge backyard for my dog. The whole house is 925 a month, which will be spilt 3 ways, plus bills.

Just wanted to share.

Pics of the house to come soon.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats. Moving from the dorm into a house was nice. Unless you are very, very sutre of everyone's financial situation, make sure that you have an alternate roommate lined up all of the time just in case.....

3. hunterguy86

I will always have 2 months worth of rent and bills in the savings for times of need. You never know what can happen. The 2 guys I'm gonna live with are my best friends and are very responsible, so Im not worried about it to much.

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like you are more responsible than I was. I had one full time roomate and a revolving door for the third bedroom.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Might I suggest a kegger...:D :wink1:

6. NJBLZ

NJBLZ 1/2 ton status

Moving out is a great learning experience, enjoy every minute of it! Its another step up the ladder. Now you know how leases work.

Don't ever stop saving cash so you can buy your own one day. If you save 250 a week, you got 12 grand at the end of the year. I made a seperate bank account just for saving money, I only deposited money, I never took any out. I bought this place a few years ago, now I'm selling it because I'm relocating again. Theres a bigger garage at the new place.

My own garage, my own basement, I can make all the noise I want, and park as much junk as I want in the driveway! ...or on the grass.

DSC03697.JPG

7. hunterguy86

Oh we will!

8. hunterguy86

Thats a nice house. I really looking forward to having my own place and my own garage. It sucks living in college dorms. It really sucks when you are working on your truck and the cops show up every time because they think you are stealing it.

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Dont get too comfortable because they are your best friends. My first roommate was my best friend since we were like 10 and we lived in a ****ty apartment. Well halfway through the lease his girlfriend found out she was pregnant. Long story short he moved out and payed rent until the baby came, then never payed me for the last month and a half. I have enough money I didnt let that come between our friendship, but its just something for you to think about.

And yes, the first pad after moving out is the best, no matter how ****ty it is.

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

WTG! Make sure everyone who will be living there has their name on the lease.