Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Im so dawg gone pissed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hi pinion, Feb 18, 2005.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Ok, im ****ing flaming pissed. I had that deal locked and loaded for the dana 60 combo, and the ****stick sold em. Lucky for him he dosent answer his damn phone :grin: . We agreed on a price, a time, etc, BAAAAA!!!! My point is, if theres siomething out there you want for a decent deal, BUY IT ON THE SOPT.Sorry guys, just had to throw that out there. WAAAA!!! :grin:

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

sucks

its because you talked about it here for too long, some one read it here and ran out and got it first..

it was me sucka.

j/k

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Seriously? Damn dude, I thought you picked themup last weekend. Well, now you can do the TPI converson!

4. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Yeah , people get snaky when it comes to those .Like savage .:)

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Sounds like he negotiated a better price for himself. This is assuming you made it cystal clear you had the money and would be there on the appointed day.

That's pretty frustrating when you show up only to have it sold out from under you.

6. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

This is lame. I expected a cool movie to tell the story... :surepal:

That sucks that you missed out though.

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hate to say it.....but money talks.

As a seller, I've always gotten lots of interest from "dreamers"..... people who "...don't have the money YET, but can I wait 'til next week?.." Or "...Do you take payments?..." is another favorite of mine.

Bottom Line:

If you're truly "in the market" for something, you already HAVE THE CASH!!!! When you find the deal, JUMP ON IT! As a buyer, I make the deal as simple for the seller as possible......bring cash with you the first time, go to THEIR house to complete the deal (don't make them meet you somewhere) and arrange the meeting as soon as possible.... bring friends to help you lift and load. If the seller thinks you might be a dreamer, he's selling to the first guy that shows up with cash.

Remember, the seller isn't out to make friends he needs to make money. First one there with the cash wins....no matter what he might say to you beforehand.

Sorry for your loss, hopefully these ideas will help you. I've learned them the hard way by losing good deals by taking too long to decide, or making the deals too complex for the seller.

8. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yep I lost a tilt column like that. I found the column and got a price saw the guy a few days later and told him I wanted it and offerred to pay for it on the spot and he said no I will save it for ya. I went back to get it and he sold it to someone else. Next time I will drive over with tools in hand. Oh well I got front fenders, passenger door, hood, tailgate, and some interior doo dads for $100.00 from him so it all worked out.;)

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Thats what I was saying on the phone....ESPECIALLY when it comes to an under priced D60. with a 60 you have to be the first one there with cash in hand and buddies ready to help load it in because if you back out of the guys driveway you'll never see it again.

Back when I was searching for a 60 I had two similar cases.
    1) I offered a guy over the phone $500 for the 60. He said he would have to think about it and to call him back in two hours....I called back and it was gone for $700 to someone that called minutes after me.

2) I callled a guy on a 1 ton SRW set that even had 4.56's. He said the guy had just left about 15 minutes ago (when I had called him) and commented on how fast the guy had come over after they had talked on the phone, slapped the cash in his hand, and was out of there loaded before he could even get the bills in his wallet....the seller seemed suprised of the buyers ancyness. I then asked how much he let them go for.... He responded with $200! :mad: It's semi ok because after he said that I gave him a mild hard attack when I informed him of why the buyer was so quick to buy.... :D

10. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

And if you are a seller, get a deposit with a time limit. If someone wants you to hold an item tell them $50 will hold it for 1 week. If the don't buy it within the week the deposit is yours and you are free to sell the item to someone else.

I had 1 bad experience selling that taught me this lesson. I had a 71 chevelle that I had parked because the body was starting to rot. 1 day this kid stops and asks if it's for sale (when I say kid I mean he was in his early 20s). I tell him the body's rotted but the frame is solid. I was keeping the motor and if he wanted it he could have it for $100 in 3 days so I could have time to pull the motor. He agreed and I had the car ready for him that weekend. He came with his pop who had the truck and tow dolly to take it home. Upon arriving his pop informed me that he's not letting his son buy the vehicle in the condition it was in. So basically where before I had a vehicle I could have at least moved around I now had a rolling chassis and spent 4 hours in the mud pulling that motor myself. I got a little hot and told this prick that it takes me 2 mins to get in my house and grab my pistol and he has that much time to get the hell off my hill before he gets 4 flats....I have a temper that often gets me in trouble :o Luckily he left and I stayed out of jail.

10 mins later I went into town for lunch and found this asshet ran a stopsign and hit a local police cruiser :grin: Karma, I bet the tickets were more than $100

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I wonder if i could just build a 60 out of sticks and wood. :D

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

better yet... black pipe!

13. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

thats a kick in the pants.

when i got my 60 i wasnt really even looking to buy one, saving the money to buy my s10, i just asked the guy out of curiosity how much he wanted for it, when he sed 400$, i was like ill be back in 5 mins, gave him the money and told me to pick it up the next day