Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

im so lost

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by socalsnake, Dec 11, 2005.

1. socalsnake

socalsnake 1/2 ton status

ok I first wanna say to everybody thank you for trying to help an answer my questions im still confussed about the whole actuall size of the tires where like i mention so many times im running 17/50/15LT gumbo mudders and im in the market on buyin a new set prouply 38" or 38.5" and alot of you guys told me that the super swampers are true to the size then some other are like well itd actually 37.8" im so confus right now i have a 6inch lift an i would like to get atleast 38" are there actually a right size or what im so confuss

2. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

there are many variables that affect tire height, such as brand, rim width, vehicle weight, and other stuff I am not thinking of. I'm not sure that there would be much of a noitcable difference between a 37.5 or 38.5 true height tire. You may be worring too much. If you really want to know, find some people in your area with that size tire, and go stick a measuring tape on it :wink1: hope this help a little bit.
    James

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

yea dude dont worry about the advertised height and the actual height...
    just buy your tires... put them on and see if they fit.. then go from there..Your gonna have to cut... after you get the initial cut done, the rest is a cake walk.. and your gonna want to cut more...

4. socalsnake

socalsnake 1/2 ton status

thanx

ya i guess im worry to much im just pretty new to this whole hobby thin comin from hotrods to rigs

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

dont be afraid of the sawzall and the grinder... it will be your best friend soon...