Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm so sick of parts stores books being wrong..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73k5blazer, Jul 16, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Like I got nothing better to do than waste 2 hours in humid 90 degree heat trying to make a stupid brake cable fit, only to find it's 2.5" too short!
    I was doing the rear brakes on the '97 K2500HD, and replacing the cables because they were getting a bit sticky...(NV4500 trans, we use the parking brake all the time...driveway is on a hill)
    Stupid books at all the parts stores (I checked them all, rockauto, napa, autozone, advanceauto....and manufactures Raybestos, bendix, and some of the cheapys) don't list a different cables for K2500HD vs. K2500LD.
    I measure mine, it's 87.5", the one they list for me, it's 85". I look at the spec on the k3500, gee it's 87.5". The LD vs HD is 14bsf in the LD and 14bff in the HD, which is of course what the k3500 got as well.
    Great, the stupid books wasted my afternoon yesterday, and my truck is still on jackstands and will be because nobody stocks brake cables so I won't have the right one until monday afternoon. I should be compensated!
    [/END RANT]

I should have just converted it to disk :)

2. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

try Carquest next time :D thats where i work...kinda...no comment haha

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

well now you have learned the lesson of ifs swaping from the factory. if its 14ff then just say 1ton for 98% of the parts. sorry you wasted your time.