Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm Soooo Frustrated!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by sarazk5, Apr 19, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I\'m Soooo Frustrated!!!!

Well tomorrow we were supposed to go hiking/camping up in Featherfalls! We decided that we better fix my driveshaft angle the rest of the way first. Well... upon fixing the angle... my driveshaft is now too short! It fell to the ground on the test drive! So I am now screwed. I can drop my shaft off at the shop tomorrow to get lengthened but I won't be getting it back until at least Monday or Tuesday. Which I have school Monday so I'm looking at Tuesday! Luckily my friend is going to take my son with them still.. but it just really sucks. I'm not sure how he is going to do on a 9 mile hike with a big huge backpack carrying all of his own stuff either. Sorry had to vent.
    Hope everyone has fun wheeling Sunday... I'll be looking at my truck in the garage!

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Re: I\'m Soooo Frustrated!!!!

Have you already tried the Superlift (I think) spacer? It comes with the six inch front springs.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Sarah,

Couldn't you just "unfix" the angle of the driveshaft and get the truck running for the weekend?

It seems like whatever shimming you did could be "undone" just to get you through the weekend, then you could deal with the new shaft on Monday.

Maybe I'm missing something.....? /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

4. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Greg.. we could have undone it.. but then i probably would have blown another ujoint on the trip due to the bad angle. Last time that happened is when my slip yoke broke and flew 30 feet and my driveshaft fell ... we got the angle fixed now.. so we may as well get the shaft lengthened rather than going through the pain of swapping everythign again. I dropped the driveshaft off at driveline service this morning. It will be ready to pick up on Monday. What really urks me is that when the first yoke broke.. i talked to the guy about swapping to a cv-shaft... he told me it would be about 300 bucks... that sounded great to me... well the guy there said no just replace what you have and you'll be fine as long as you get the angle right. Well i spent 200.00 on the slip yoke and transfercase yoke etc.. And now i'm spending another 100 to have the shaft lengthened and balanced. I may as well went with the double cardon and cv's!! Oh well live and learn!