Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm sorry to report

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

that I'm a friggin idiot...

On my way home from Fort Collins tonight, I decided to go on an adventure down some road that I don't even remember the name of, that I never see anyone on... So I'm driving and driving, and it ends... I sat there for a while debating if I should go right, left, or turn around... I turned around... Not too long after that, I decided I needed to pull over for a minute... It looked like a nice even landscape covered in snow...

Well that was before I was sitting at some crazy angle, with my right tires about 2 feet lower than my left tires, the only thing keeping my Jeep from tipping over was the packed snow... And it probably wasn't an extreme enough angle..........

Anywho, I tried getting out, but no luck... Time for 4lo... I put it in neutral, pull the lever, see "low" on the screen, and try to go... nothing... I got a phone call from my friend who called to tell me she bought a pink razr phone...

So I was sitting there... I would spend the night there on the side of the road before I called for a tow truck... everyone I know with trucks was working or out of town... So I just sat there for about a half hour, plotting my next move... Then I saw a truck coming from behind, so I got out and flagged it down... An old man was in there and said "Wait here, my house is about 8 miles down the road, I'll go get my rope..." like I'm gonna go anywhere, my Jeep is stuck in a ditch...

He was gone for a good 30 minutes when I decided to try getting myself out again... That's when I saw it... I looked at the screen, and it didn't say "low" anymore... one good pull on the lever, and it went into low and was locked in... After that, about a minute of backing up, going forward, and turning, and thinking I was going to tip over, and I was out on my own power...

I sat there for another 10 minutes till the guy came back... I thanked him, offered him some cash, and he told me about how he's been stuck before and he spends a lot of time in the mountains... I wanted to get in my 75 degree Jeep and go home, because it was -2 outside and I had been sitting there for about 2 hours at this point... With a handshake and a goodnight, I started walking away... Then the old man says, "I know your face now, so if I see you again I'll talk to you... I'm snowdog..."

Weird... I feel like a total moron now... All that time thinking I was badly stuck, I just didn't have my transfer case engaged... I didn't have my camera with me either, so no pictures...

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

ouch!

i did something simaler but dident take so long.

just got the blazer when off the road in snow, remembered this truck has manuals so get out and lock them, but go good wasent working, oh yeah YOU STILL NEED to shift in to 4wd!!!!

i think every one has done something stupid like that, but that is a long time he he he

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

His name is snowdog?

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

There is good news, though... My phone is also an MP3 player, and I just put 86 songs on there... hurrah... now I need to download some cartoons

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That's what he said...

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

mrk5 is right up there in Ault if you ever need help.

I'm about 45 minutes south if you get in a jam.

7. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

What kind of phone did she have again?:D

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Always remember that we are all part of the CK5 roadside assistance program so if your stuck, just get a hold of someone that can post help for you.
    Although, if one of us showed up and put your truck in 4wd, you would definitely be buying some beers for that one! :haha:

9. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Isn't that what the CK5 phone roster is for that circulated around? :D Speaking of the list, I added my name and contact info but never received an update.:(

Z

10. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

We should probably recirculate that list again.

11. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I put my phone number on the Google map of member locations. I think we could just do that?

12. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

If there's a list I could use a copy... I don't have any member's numbers :doah:

13. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

having your phone number on the google thing wont really help ... if you had internet where you're stuck, you could post :D.

Someone should make a phone number list.

14. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don't feel dumb, simply human nature. :wink1:

Yeah, a phone list by state would help!:laugh: