Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm starting a new campaign...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jagged, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

On converting stupid people. This silly J-body forum has about a handful of intelligent (in terms of mechanics) people, the rest have no clue at all what they're doing. I think some well formulated posts might help them understand.

Let me give my most recent example, some poor kid wants to rebuild his 4-banger...

I must commend him, he's trying to grasp the basic concepts, and tries to give his pertinent information. I give a brief lesson on how you make an engine produce more power, and cover some key topics. I think over time, some well-formulated posts might get stickied by the "mods" there so the collective intelligence level might be raised some.

Anyways, my response:

I may not know much about "rollin on 20's" on "baggin" but I can definately educate these guys on basic engine building. Maybe get them out of the "lookie at my shiny intake and catback!!!" mindset.

Gosh, who am I kidding.... I'm trying to run up a muddy hill.

2. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I always knew there was a forum for everything, but a J-Body forum?

3. nad

nad 1/2 ton status

^^My thoughts exactly.

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I know jack ****, and just learned a bunch with that. Think you can pm me when you throw things out like that? :D

5. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Yeah, and one for F-bodies, N-bodies, you name it.

About the neatest piece of information I found on the J-body one was a guy that took the IRS out of an N-body and mounted it in his J. It's stupidly simple to do, I was really impressed with the research he did.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. (Einstien)