Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

im still alive...

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by muddysub, Dec 22, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

hey just in case any of you care im still alive. my comp is dead in phx, so im home for xmas and i have access to a computer that works... well got the sub runnin today, runs like sh*t though. itll idle for a min then it'll start to die if u feed it a little itll kinda run but as soon as u let off it idles again. it kinda sounds like ive got a stuck lifter or somethin, cuz the right bank sounds like it has a misfire going on. and it backfired a time or two... its sad. she barely moves. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hey, you aren't dead and burried in horse manure afterall /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Its prolly cause she's been sitting for so long without being ran. Lack of lube /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hey just in case any of you care im still alive. my comp is dead in phx, so im home for xmas and i have access to a computer that works... well got the sub runnin today, runs like sh*t though. itll idle for a min then it'll start to die if u feed it a little itll kinda run but as soon as u let off it idles again. it kinda sounds like ive got a stuck lifter or somethin, cuz the right bank sounds like it has a misfire going on. and it backfired a time or two... its sad. she barely moves. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]sounds like the fuels turned into varnish. try dumping some fresh fuel into it, and possibly some carb cleaner and etc.

good luck with it. in a semi ironic twist, I'm back in phoenix for the weekend... got into town last night at midnight, parked the truck, came out this morning after playign with my new toys, and found a 2 foot patch of oil under the damn thing. apparently, my timing cover gasket blew at the oil pan. either that, or the fuel pump gasket is shot. hard to tell, but it's deffinately coming out of the passenger side near the front, rolling down the crossmember, and creating a superfund situation on my dad's pristine white driveway. Hoo @#%$^ing Ray. damn truck...

-Rich