Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm tired of the "Do a Search" crap..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gokartergo, Aug 17, 2003.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I\'m tired of the \"Do a Search\" crap..

Do you guys remember when you first signed on here.. Did you want to just go in and do a search. And not post at all. Or did you want to go in and ask a quistion and meet people. And start BS'N with them. What fun is it to just sit there and search a site.. Yes you can do a search and find almost all your quistions answered.. But what fun is that. If you don't want to answer then don't.. But give people a break... Just my .02 /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: I\'m tired of the \"Do a Search\" crap..

Damn, that's what I've been saying for quite awhile now. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    But what fun is that. If you don't want to answer then don't.. But give people a break... Just my .02 /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    i couldn't agree more /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I couldn't agree with you more....Everytime i hear the phrase "Do a search" all i do is think of the asshats over at pirate....I do not want to see ck5 turn into that kind of attitude.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Hell yes...

Although I usually do a search if I want to know something that I know has been covered... just cuz it's faster than posting and waiting around hitting the refresh button waiting for someone to notice that I posted something /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Dan, it's what I've said several times before, just dont respond if your going to hit someone with a "SEARCH" response...Let someone who won't bark at the newbie answer in a way that will let them know how to use the site, instead of running them off.... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Nail stricken quite correctly on the head!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you guys remember when you first signed on here.. Did you want to just go in and do a search. And not post at all. Or did you want to go in and ask a quistion and meet people. And start BS'N with them. What fun is it to just sit there and search a site.. Yes you can do a search and find almost all your quistions answered.. But what fun is that. If you don't want to answer then don't.. But give people a break... Just my .02 /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never asked a question here and been told to "do a search" but I do disagree with that so called answer. I mean what if its a new would be member that asked a question and he/she gets an answer like that..... Id probably go to pirates site. Just give an honest answer or dont answer at all /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

exactly, and thats what Dan is saying...

9. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Gotta agree with ya here... most of the time I see the "fill out your profile" and the "if you do a search you may find a better answer faster" on first time posters.

Hell, it was many a post before I figured out that I even could fill out my profile and many many more before I actually read the part in the for sale/wanted/PNW forums that tells me why you cant post as a bluebie...

I definitely think the search is a great way to find info, but 99% of the time, I ask anyway. Because you never know... sometimes the truth changes.

Like when your wife asks where your going with your buddy you tell her the truth, to look at a parts truck... but then the truth changes and you end up drunk, at a strip club down $700.00 to a blonde named Cheyenne on a game of "who's tits are real".

10. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

In this thread maybe I did do something wrong. I read the first 3 posts... formed an opinion... and posted my reply. But MAYBE having several replies saying the same thing just reinforce the strong points.

11. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

The number of replies in the same post, to the same post, directly corresponds to how much alcohol was consumed prior to posting.

Damn, that single sentence took me entirely too long to write. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I like pizza...

13. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I like pizza...

[/ QUOTE ]

with extra cheese and lotsa beer /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I like pizza...

[/ QUOTE ]

Here we go again! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I like pizza... [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

There I fixed it for you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You know I think I need to make you another one. One that says I LIKE pizza instead of I LOVE pizza. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Or did you want to go in and ask a quistion and meet people. And start BS'N with them. What fun is it to just sit there and search a site.. Yes you can do a search and find almost all your quistions answered..

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

all I need to read was the first post....
    I have meet some great guys on this site /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Now why couldnt we have these kinds of responses instead of all the hoopla when Paul made a post about this exact subject? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for bringing it up again Dan. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I agree with you and I hope that the do a search thing changes or at least tones down. Mr. "I luv pizza" brought up a good point in the previous post. What happens when you "do a search" instead of just asking your question .... you find a post someone made about the subject you are looking for but when you read the replies to the question all you find are "do a search" answers? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

19. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm tired of the "Do a Search" crap

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez.. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif If you had done a search before you posted this, you would have seen this has already been covered /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

just kidding /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Actuually, I fully agree. Being a sorta-newbie, took awhile before I decided to join this site. The reason I joined this site was people were Polite, not Rude compared to other boards and it also looked like people could joke around and no one took it too serious. Theres alot of info on the board, takes time to figure out how to find it and yes, posting to get to know the people here is a great way to learn more about the site. I do Searches and watch PBB, but I usually dont post because of some of the $hit I see that gets thrown back at posters. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Now why couldnt we have these kinds of responses instead of all the hoopla when Paul made a post about this exact subject? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for bringing it up again Dan. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I agree with you and I hope that the do a search thing changes or at least tones down. Mr. "I luv pizza" brought up a good point in the previous post. What happens when you "do a search" instead of just asking your question .... you find a post someone made about the subject you are looking for but when you read the replies to the question all you find are "do a search" answers? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] It's becouse certin people like to make me thier target. In all honesty, I don't belive some of them even relise it, and when I make a reply to those certin few, they wanta say I'm cryin' about whatever. Too bad they don't have to ability to understand what others are saying, they only see what they want to see. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif