Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm tired.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by UseYourBlinker, Aug 8, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I\'m tired.

.....of readin the same question's asked over and over again on the main forums. Anyone else?

2. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m tired.

Yep /forums/images/icons/confused.gif I wish the people would do a search to see if we have covered the topic. Too bad there isn't a way to stop repeat topics. Oh well.

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

how much lift do i need to fit 44's and will my 10 bolts handle it and i can't get my rear window up and what does a 14 bolt look like and what came from the factory with a d60.

but really it's nota big deal to me, just let some of the newbie answer them ?'s /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif i'd rather answer there ?'s that have this place turn into another PBB not that they're mean or anything /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

This is why I suggested a "New To Wheeling?" FAQs section. Newbies could go there and get a lot of answers right off the bat without having to wait for answers from their posts. This might help reduce repeated traffic. That's what FAQs are for on any website. Frequently Asked Questions. This might require a new Moderator to be assigned by Steve but I'm sure there is a knowlegable person out there willing to help set it up and maintain it. I would volunteer but I already run 4 other "FREE" sites as it is and have very little time to spare. Any takers?

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

This sounds like the best suggestion.

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    "New To Wheeling?" FAQs section

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sounds good. Why not? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

7. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

i dont know if you have ever used it, but the search button is not exactly the easiest thing to use. you have to get the wording exact to some one's post, and spelling, lets not even get into that one. i like the newbie forum to new wheelers idea, that might not just help them but others as well. itll take alot of cycling to move posts/info to that section. i think an expanded tech forum would be handy also, ive made alot of posts with suggestions towards that forum. since this a perdomitatily chevy site, alot of chevy only info could stand to be added yet. such as carb info, t-case info, tranny info, axel info (just help in i.d.-ing). also photo examples of interior differences through the years (standard) would be interesting. but this all requires time,effort and possibley $$$$$$. this is the best damn chevy 4x4 site on the net and i only want to help make it better.....yeeeeeeeeeeee...haaaaaaaaaaa! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I too have probs with the search button and DON"T mind answering Q over and over again. But the FAQ page does sound like the best method.... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

9. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

hey fumes, did you know or realize you where the first person to ever help me out from the site. so, not to sound gay, you remain my most favorite ck5 "personality". im sure some people make friends or latch on to others right away on this site. being a newbie isnt easy, especialy if one has little or no mechanical experience. ive had tremendous good experiences and helpful replies from this site, but on the other hand the few smart a$$e$ can also run people off. many people on here never get heralded or acknowledged for their forthcomings to posts. they prolly never realize how they effect others lives. well i for one, on behalf of all newbies both blue and orange, thank all experienced hands that have relplied to posts even with the smallest piece of advice that may of helped someones problems. thank you, and thank you steve fox for this site ! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I wonder if we could make a FAQ sheet but tie it into Search some how where the correct wording would populate?
    Hmm went and played with it. It looks like it operates in Frames so not easy to do with just a link. Sometimes the URL will show stuff like www.ColoradoK5.com/Search= Ball, Joints. Like if you look at the URL when your replying it shows something like that. This isn't doing that. Shows the same URL as it did once you got into the search index.
    Knew that would be too easy LOL.

11. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

When I first got into computers, I asked a "friend" to help me out with a few issues. After I asked a few diferent questions, he told me I should find a friend who knows more about computers than me &amp; ask that person for help. If that person couldn't help me, then we could go &amp; ask him for help.
    It really pissed me off the way he worded it, but it kinda made sense. You wouldn't call up the pres of Ford motor co to ask how to do a tune up. I was still pissed at the guy &amp; didn't talk to him if I didn't have to.

That being said, maybe there could be a forum for newbie questions. There could be some stickies w/general info. If us newbies couldn't find our info there, we could post a question in that forum. I would be glad to share my limited knowledge with others, plus the old-timers /forums/images/icons/grin.gif could check in &amp; steer us in the right direction from time to time.

Mike

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

If you remember I was trying to get a BUNCH of good tech write ups. I have tried to get that to happen repeatedly. Stuff Like BigBurbs Steering colum fix is awsome! If we had a full set of pictures to go with that it could go in the tech forum. Then just have a Link for "Tilt Steering Fix". Till we can get a few people to get the Tech section full of stuff it isn't going to work. I actually took a good set of pictures for doing a body lift and Steve and Stephen both said they were palnning on a write up so I didn't bother to do one. Still have not seen one from either of them.

13. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Ahhh , shucks D..... Thanks bud... /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Just glad I could help....

14. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Grim, I just did the tilt column fix last night and took pictures of the whole process. After going through them today it looks like I missed some stuff from the beginning of the rebuild, so I'll probably do the rebuild again this weekend solely for the purpose of taking more pics. The ones that I did take are here. </font color>

15. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Everything takes a lot of work. This site takes a lot of work. My K5 takes a lot of work. WORK takes a lot of work. Only thing I know is the FAQs or what ever you want to call it would benefit this site. It would reduce use of bandwidth and save everyone a lot of work. All you need to do is start it. Who cares how long it takes to complete. A long journey starts but with one simple step. Or in my case a flat tire LOL!!! That's how I started today off. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif