Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm too far away, but I'll try anyway... free frames and stuff

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 14, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

The following stuff is free (I'm cleaning up my field again, cause it never happened the first time). Only thing is, I'm not pulling any of these parts myself. It's all up in the middle of nowhere in NE Washington state free for the taking. Whats left will be getting cut up and scrapped.

Bare 1973-1980 4x4 and 2wd 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton longbed truck and K5 and Suburban frames.

Stock rear 1/2 and 3/4 ton 52" and 56" rear springs

Stock front 2-leaf and 3-leaf springs

Saddle fuel tanks and Suburban and K5 rear mount tanks

Doors for parts (internal guts and glass)

Stock spring hangers and shackles

2wd front suspension parts (A-arms, spindles, rotors-5-lug and 8-lug)

1973-1975 and 1976-1987 K5 fiberglass tops

1973-1980 front core supports

Stock small block exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds

Wiring harnesses, steering column parts, guage cluster and misc. vent/dash pieces.

Vacuum brake boosters and master cylinders

Pedal assemblies

Crossmembers

Bumper brackets, front/rear

Non GM truck:

250 6-cylinder in a late '70's Chevelle and rear end.

305 V8 in a Malibu

'78 Ford T-bird 2dr minus motor and tranny

Old Datsun 2dr hatchback with running 4-cyl

Beat up Honda Civic wagon

266 International V8 that ran

2. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Where in Ne Washington ? Dibs on the springs. Any one want to go ?

3. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

those 52" 3/4ton springs are mine! :D

4. grundy99

grundy99 1/2 ton status

What crossmembers do you have?
    I need an engine crossmember for an '83

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'll take the full topper, if someone thinks they can deliver for cheap...?

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Allan, what kind of wiring harnesses are they?

7. mountainexplorer

The crossmembers I have are: 4x4 tranny and T-case crossmembers/2wd tranny crossmembers, 2wd and 4x4 engine mount brackets and crossmembers, and I think I have one 1983 3/4 ton 4x4 frame up there. The rest are '73-'80, but I think the engine crossmembers are the same.

The full-top I'm going to say isn't perfect, but it's in one piece. I think I have two to choose from. We can probably find someone to deliver it down that way for a little gas money.

I should have several pairs of 52" 1/2 and 3/4 ton rear springs and 56's too. I know I'm saving a set for Eric. I haven't had a chance to write down a specific "inventory" yet.

Wiring harnesses are pretty much '73-'80 engine compartment/firewall wiring, front nose clip wiring, etc...

If you know where Spokane, Wa. is, here is where it's at in relation:
    http://www.mountainexplorers.50megs.com/whats_new.html

Since I know that no one wants to drive across the state to pick up one or two relatively common free items, I can propose the following-

We won't be having scrap weekend until April 9-10. The weekend before, if I am able, I will be going down to Portland for the Swap Meet. Meaning, the last weekend of March, I am having a "sorting day" up there.

Like I said, I don't have time to pull any of this stuff myself, but, if I can afford to fill up a friends tanks and have him go up that weekend, I could have him torch out some parts, and I could bring stuff down to Portland when I go to the swap meet. I'm not trying to make money off any of this stuff, but if I went that route, all I'd ask is maybe a few bucks to pitch in for the gas for the torch and to help on my trip down a little.

8. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

I would like to reserve a set of 1/2 ton 52 & 56 springs. If you are able to pull these and fit them into your Portland trip, I will certainly pay. If you cannot I still would like to procure them in some way....:grin:

9. mountainexplorer

Ok... so I'll compile a list here.

If I get a chance, I will try and pull the following:

2 pairs of 52" rear springs

1 pair of 56" rear springs

1 engine crossmember off '83 4x4 frame

1 full-top for '73-'75 K5

I'll post up what I was able to pull and have ready before going to Portland. I guess for what I haul down, I'll just take fuel money donations.

For anyone who wants any of these parts, can you just pick them up at the Swap Meet? Or is there somewhere to meet up with you possibly on Thursday, March 31?

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if ya have another set of 56s, I'd be interested. :)

j

11. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

If you are able to pull parts maybe we can meet in a parking lot or a gas station here local before you hit the swap-meet.

12. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'm willing to head up there with my torch and tools and pull parts and deliver them. Gonna cost $50-100/person for parts delivered to Portland or Seattle so make a list :grin:

Allan what weekend are you planning on?

13. mountainexplorer

I'll be making a trip up to start this weekend (March 25-27) and the main scrapping weekend will be April 8-10, the weekend after the swap meet. Thats my goal at least. Every other year I've tried clearing up stuff, I combined too many tasks at once. This year, its all about getting rid of everything.

14. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Hey this is mepr im just using pvfjrs computer. But anyway ill be heading up that way so if anyone needs some parts hauled down to the seatle tacoma area i can meet up whith you. Just let me know.

15. mountainexplorer

Well, this weekend was about worthless. Nice and clear and dry Friday night. Saturday rolls around, and it starts snowing and raining... turning into a soaking rain that still hasn't let up. My help cancelled, and the friend with the torch cancelled.

The result is that all I got pulled so far is one pair of 52" rear 3/4 ton springs.

If it's not raining either Tuesday or Wednesday, I might try a last minute trip up again to grab more springs before I leave Wednesday night.

16. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

i could use a top for my 75 if it is at least desent shape mine the bolt on part in the front half is all ripped off. so needless to say i cant bolt it all the way down . and also do you have a harness for a k5? i actually just need the rear portion for the gas tank tail lights and all that. I also need a set of one ton 56 inch spring for my crew cab if you have any.

17. mountainexplorer

I have a set of 1-ton rear 56" springs on an '84 Crew Cab frame (no overloads though).

I looked at the '73-'75 K5 tops I have this last weekend, and they have some cracking around the back corners, as many do. But I believe all the bolt up areas were ok. I should have some wiring too.

18. seschev3

seschev3 1/2 ton status

I am looking for factory fiberglass door caps for 73-75. They are the lower caps that cover the factory cut offs on the door with 2 screws. Let me know if you have some. The aftermarket plastic ones keep breaking when they rub against the rods for my soft top. I have been having a hell of a time finding them in the yards around here.

And anybody else out there that wants the 75 factory buckets or a 12 bolt rear, I have them here for free as well. Just come and get them.

19. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

cracks dont mean much to me. its not a dd just need to be able to bolt it down so when its on the trail or the trailer it dosent shift or come off. and i will take the springs weather they have overloads or not but keep an eve out for some overloads for me at the same time. thanks
    Rick

20. mountainexplorer

I will have 3 pairs of 52" rear springs and one pair of 56" rear springs with me in Portland tomorrow. My cell# is (509)953-8391