Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I'm Topless and Loving it!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, Mar 31, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

I\'m Topless and Loving it!!!

Took the top off today for the first time. Drove down to Mesa Verda and just drove around all day. I wish I could do it more often, however I live in an apartment and Im not supposed to leave the top sitting there, but once and a while I'll just take the ass chewing.

2. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'m Topless and Loving it!!!

I used to never have a top. I'm glad I got one now though because it gets anoying after awhile. It is great to take off once in awhile though.

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I just took mine off too about a week ago! Definately love it, and the lack of weight makes for more fun at the throttle. I mocked up a canvas top via the army surplus shop and two half shelters... works well in a pinch!

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

One of my main reasons why I don't leave my topper off over night.. SECURITY

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i have had my blazer for almost 5 years. i have talked to both previous owners. the top has never come off. BUT, as soon as my house is done my top is being sold. i wont have anything of value in it and what i will have in it will be locked up. that is a good point though.
    grant

6. Re: I\'m Topless and Loving it!!!

i usually pop mine off in june or july and put it back on in august. i really want to go soft top as soon as i can afford it.

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool deal man. Me too.
    I just took the top off tonight. Got to screw in those sidepanels with the speakers...find those sunglasses/forums/images/icons/cool.gif... and get ready for summer!

It's gotta be cool taking the top off for the first time. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Got my rig at the end of November '01, had it on the road/trail since December 26 '01 and it's been fully topless the whole time. I may never put a top on it, and it's my daily driver.

9. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I love pulling my top off! And I love not worring about anything being stolen because my tool box is locked/bolted down and everything else isn't worth carring off. Even if they do steal my crappy speakers in their crappy boxes, $2 at a goodwill and presto! I am back in buisness. If you enjoy the top being off, try taking the doors off also, but only if you want to take the time to re-shim them when you put them back on. I love running door and topless.

10. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I heard a story somewhere about a guy that had a Jeep with really crappy speakers in it, and one day they got stolen...a few days later the thief put them back because they sucked so much.

11. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Took mine off yesterday. I have a fast-trac in case the weather gets funky, but overall it's topless until the middle of September /forums/images/icons/cool.gif.

Chris M

12. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Unfourtunatly I can not leave the top off and put it back on, But it really isnt that big of a deal It was allot easier than most people made it seem. I am going to make a soft top this summer. I have a great plan for it and It should be easy to make em... Maybe I'll make a few to sell to you all.