Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Immigration - Your View?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by firefighter184, Feb 26, 2005.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Let's hear it. I'm pretty anti-illegal, and pro-limited. More detail later.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I see nothing wrong with people who Immigrate to this country legally. Now what I don't understand is why we have too have police officers that speak spanish. Isn't english what we speak in the USA ?? Shouldn't being able too speak english be part of being in this country legally ??? Now if the police question some guy that can't speak english, that should be grounds too detain him till INS can deport him. Well, that's my opinion anyways.

3. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well my wife is ignorant..........I mean an immigrant. We have given the Immigration Dept/Office of Homeland Security over $1000.00 and made at least 6 trips to the INS/OHS in Charlotte. AND SHE'S ENGLISH!

Don't get me started on illegal immigrants!
    Do not Habla Espenol and ain't gonna!!!!!!!!!!!

Pisses me off to have to specify English or Spanish every time I try to use a ATM!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Burns me up!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Now ya done-gone and got me started!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Why not more now? Tell us what you think. Close the boarders up and send most of them home. If we need help let them in on work visas. Build a wall like the berlin wall if we need too. With all this cheap labor it is harder for some not as skilled to get a halfway decent job, like kids striaght out of high school. I had to learn german when I lived in germany so why don't they learn more english? Look at what this is doing to alot of the health care places in most counties or cities. If this is not the greatest country in the world why does everyone want to come here? Can you think of a country that you would rather live in? If so why? Alot of money that these people make is sent home and not put back in the economy. Which causes anther problem. If it weren't for this we could just do like some of the other states and go to a sales tax and not have state tax come out of your check so all the under the table work had a chance to get taxed as people spent thier money. But then agian don't most of them not get this took out of thier check anyway? But on the otherside didn't some of pa's people come over on a boat from Irland.

5. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

women only.:grin:

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

An educated person who wants to come to American in good will, fine

I hate illegals and idiots breeders

Of course we can't stop them, fast food would get expensive :rolleyes:

7. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

There is a big difference between the immigrants of past and today. In the past most immigrants greatly admired American values and idealism, and where eager to assimilate into American society, but today America has immigrants coming here that detest and despise every fiber of Americas values and idealism. They want our freedom, our money, and our opportunities, but they do not want the rest that comes with it.

What really gets me is when I see a person driving a car with an Mexican, Cuban, Philippine, or some other countries flag proudly displayed, but no American flag. I consider this a veiled act of contempt for America.

It is a foreign ideal to Americans to flee from one country to another (like rats from a sinking ship), and not stand up and fight (to the death if need be) for a better life. If most immigrants where forced to serve in the American Military in combat, then I bet this would cut way down on immigration to America.

I think there needs to be a new Nationalist agenda movement in American Government!

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Talk about summing it up in less than 50 words! You got it RJ :waytogo:

If they'd just stop having 37 kids... That's 37 automatic citizens whose parents cant teach them english...

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i hate illegals, the problem is that most of them in so cal are from just across the border in the scummy part of mexico, the trashy, uneducated part of mexico that lives 12 people in a single bedroom shack. Anyway they come over here and do nothing but the minimum to survive, i swear that 95% of the kids that walk home by my house are mexican, and i cant go to sears with out being the only white person there. its just frusturating.... if they came from somewhere like mexico city or somewhere more educated i'd be more ok with it.... have you seen a mcdonalds commercial? there in freakin spanish for cryin out loud! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

I feel like I am the one that lead RJ's post off topic, so I will briefly state my opinion.

I think we need to get immigration under control. I did not mean to imply that I would rather have a bunch of Mexicans come here to take all of our jobs. I only meant to compare the fact that we have so many actual Americans siitng around on thier asses all day, letting the liberal social programs we have in place support thier crack habits, while the rest of us tax paying Americans go to work everyday to support them.

Meanwhile, we have younger generations that are handed cars, credit cards, and little responsibility by there parents, which I believe has opened the door for hispanics to come take our low paying jobs because now we don't have anyone that wants to work manual labor. American teenagers want the free ride all the way through college, and then they think that they can all go out and sit around an office, and earn 6 figures. Can't happen.

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Of course they expect that, because that is all they see on TV. It seems very few people have the gonads to tell them about the real world...

Rene

12. xanthias

xanthias 1/2 ton status

As a percentage of the Mexican GDP, money being sent from the US is second only to oil. That should scare the hell out of anyone who thinks it over for a few minutes. It's one of many reasons why the Mexican government has no damned intention of ever doing anything about honoring the US border controls. Their economy would simply collapse and they know it. It's a big joke--on us. Mexico is going to take back all the land it lost, eventually, through assimilation. Rather than them assimilating into American culture, we are being assimilated into theirs--witness all of the Spanish-ONLY options out there now in TV, radio, etc.

The even worse joke is, the US government also has no real intention to do a damned thing about it either. I can actually remember a US congressman saying (after that kid sheepherding got killed when he fired off a .22 round at a passing Marine patrol) that patrolling the border was not a proper function for military troops. HUH??:confused: Securing and defending the borders and sovereignty of the citizenry is the CORE purpose of both government and the military (ever heard the phrase, "provide for the common defense")?

Instead, Hispanics are being sized up by both parties as an ever larger voting block and they are being pandered to. No one at the national government elected level is going to say anything remotely requiring an ounce of courage or intellectual honesty on the subject for fear of being politically incorrect and offending the Mexican/Hispanic PACs. If you want to secure the borders, that can absolutely be done (think machine gun nests, concertina wire and claymore mines). That is not going to happen. Have you seen the controversy about the official publication handed out by the Mexican consulates, assisting people with techniques for sneaking over? The US didn't even bother to lodge a formal diplomatic protest. Makes me ill, mostly, but also afraid for the future of the country. Or the debate about drivers' licenses? It's a joke. The DL debate, in particular, is a sad farce. The law is, you do not have a property interest in a drivers' license--you have no due process rights, therefore, when they want to take it away. That's why it can be suspended for 6 months if you refuse to take a breathalyzer, for example, without a hearing. Yet people are actually arguing that illegals have a "right" to get a drivers' license. :(

Another example, look at your health care costs. Both in terms of the raw costs billed, your insurance premiums and your co-pays. Caring for uninsured people (a large percentage of whom are illegals) is a BIG part of that cost. Don't like it that you have to wait 7 hours in the ER? Guess what, same thing. The federal Emergency Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA 42 USC 1395dd) mandates that these people cannot be turned away for lack of money or insurance. So, instead of paying for a doctor visit, they go to the ER for any and everything. So, you wait. And, you pay. Those costs are passed on to all of us, through taxes and our own health care costs. Health care is the fastest growing expense area in the entire US economy, making up something like 14% of the entire US GDP. That is absolutely staggering. Health insurance premiums are rising 8 TIMES faster than inflation. Now, I won't try to say illegal uninsureds are the only reason, but they are a significant one.

Should I go on to discuss your funding of public schooling and spanish language curriculum??

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragically serious.

13. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

Meanwhile, we have younger generations that are handed cars, credit cards, and little responsibility by there parents, which I believe has opened the door for hispanics to come take our low paying jobs because now we don't have anyone that wants to work manual labor. American teenagers want the free ride all the way through college, and then they think that they can all go out and sit around an office, and earn 6 figures. Can't happen.[/QUOTE]

im just the opposite.
    my parents offered to buy me a car, i sed no i want to buy my own truck, i need to get use to the real world because not everything is gona be givin to me. i hate when some people ask my why i always drive older trucks or a sh!t box, i always answer "sorry my mommy and daddy didnt spoil me".

me only being 17 is hard to find a decent job, it took me a while to find a job even working in a garage. all the local garages had spanish or mexican people working in them, I didnt even want to try to get a job at any of those places because i think its a slap in the face when a person who cant even speak english works at a gas station that has a huge sighn out front that says "american petroleum" with a huge american flag on it. and they dont even have the common curtosey to make an attempt to speak english:mad: .

i think they need to put an end to illegal immigration

14. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Good for you! Always good to hear stories like yours.:thumb:

15. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Im Just Like You

I cant stand little rich kids that are handed everything as they go through life. Ive worked since I was 14 everyday throughout high school and still work while in college. I never got an allowance from my parents, I always worked for myself. My parents "help" me out sometimes, like with my newer truck and college but all the responsibilities that come with both are up to me to take care of. I appreciate the things I own because I worked hard for them. It disgusts me to see people my age with no regard for what they have because they didnt spend a nickel on it....

16. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Pretty much sums up my view.

17. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've started throwing bilingual **** away at work, and talking to the foddservice delivery guys to find english only

Peration de agua el potatoe....... shut the **** up

18. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Immigration / Minorities and some Latin

Anyone know what " E Pluribus Unum " means?

It means, " out of many, one ". and you'll find it on our money.

It's another thing that's not taught in schools anymore, just like " in God we trust" , but that's another discussion.

It means that we are a nation made up of people who come from all over the world, but once here, learn to be American. This means learning to live in a capitalistic society with free choice and a vote, and being able to worship any way you wish or no way at all. This American ideal is reinforced daily by reciting the pledge of allegience, indulging in consumerism, and clawing your way up the corporate ladder.

What this means is that a native culture or nationality is no longer a persons primary identifier. You take the citizenship pledge, the idea is that you have assumed a new nationality, better than what was left behind.

As a nation, we got away from this because the libs hate america and feel that indoctrinating people into the American way of life was somehow wrong. Couple that with their love of the welfare state, it's easy to see why succesive generations of immigrants abuse and take from the system and give nothing back. ( they're learning from our own citizens, I'm afraid )

New arrivals won't learn anything we as a nation are unwilling to teach them,
    and the mexican immigrant problem is so bad I think, because they refuse to assimilate. They're willing to come here and work, but they only see what benefits them, and they don't care about making america strong, and to me that's a bunch of crap.

The old days didn't used to be like this. Ethnic groups like the jews and italians stuck together and improved the lot of their brothers. When they achieved success, it was celebrated. New arrivals were set up and helped to assimilate, and they learned how great America could be made by their own efforts.

a bit off topic, but compare that to the blacks and some latino groups.. when one gets out of the hood, they're ostracized for being white, so the rest don't try. This also wasn't the norm until the libs got hold of the schools and taught everyone to be victims.

Of course it's not just minorities who learn to be victims, and the problem is that capitalism leaves behind anyone who won't participate, so that's where the permanent underclass comes from.

Anyway, I like the Pat Buchanan method for solving the problem.. seal the borders to stop the bleeding, and reinstitute a pro america civics class for the people that are here so we get everyone turned into tax paying consumers.

Tom

19. tucsonkfive

tucsonkfive 1/2 ton status

As an emplyee of a hospital near the boarder I see the financial impact of illegal immigration. It costs our hospital alone millions of dollars a year to treat illegals. As hunter and an outdoors type person I see the devistation on the land from thousands of people pouring over the boarder. I was out hunting for 3 days last week about 30 miles north of Mexico and from what I saw, I may not go back. Everyday I saw illegals hiking in the mountains. The trash they leave behind is sickening and it covers the landscape. Just in the seven years that I have lived in Arizona the problem has dramatically increased. I have nothing against Mexicans as some are my friends but illegal immigration needs to be stopped for so many reasons.

20. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

this topic comes up every now and then...and always reaks of lack of knowledge, ignorance and plain old disregard for what America truly is.

-Immigrants of the past were no different. I you truly believe that then you should open a book.

-Have you visited our poor "white" states? Plenty o'welfare and taxpayer abuse going on there...or perhaps they truly need the assistance(majority).

- Jobs are not taken, only available.

-Illegal is not supported(by me), BUT, our goverment (our American goverment) supports it, has supported it, and will always support it because they understand the value and importance to the labor market. Do you really think they can't close the Canadien border?

- If you live in SoCal then relish in the different cultures. The food is good...don't deny it.

- Does it bother you when someone speaks another language around you? If so, get some confidence/self esteem counseling.

Ok, I'm ready for the replies :grin: ALSO, INCLUDE YOUR EDUCATION LEVEL WHEN REPYLING FOR MERIT and PROOF that your ancestors learned English(proper AMERICAN english) within 12 months of sneaking into this country.