Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Impact Wrenches...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 18, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

So I kinda want to buy an impact wrench. I think it'd save me a lot of time doing stuff... And it could turn some of those nuts and bolts that I have a hard time turning on my own...

whirrrrrrrr zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz off... /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. ljbear

ljbear Registered Member

I've got an Ingersoll Rand 231, 1/2" drive. Rates as one of my Top 10 tools. I found it used at a tool store for $40. Saves time and lots of frustration busting the tough stuff. Makes me feel like a NASCAR tire changer when I rotate tires /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

IR 244

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Todays the day...

[/ QUOTE ]

they finally dropped? What Year K5 is it?????? LMAO
    L8r C

5. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

IR 2135ti /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Impact rocks working at the house. Makes me feel cool in front of the neighbors when I rev it just for kicks...

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

IR 2131 (i think.... its the composite 1/2" anyway) and a 2135Ti on the way... ingersol all the way!!

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    IR 2135ti /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There is only one impact gun in the world in 1/2" after using this one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I've had this gun for quite awhile and bar none it is one badazz sucker.
    I've used it to take lugnuts off and it has more power than the 1" tire guns. The shop bought a couple of IR 1 inchers that are beyond useless, but that lil 1/2" gun burns them suckers right off.
    It's rated at 1000 ftlbs in reverse after a few seconds of hammerin on it. I've popped a nut at 650 ftlbs with the torque wrench and it had no trouble removing it.
    It averages about 450 lbs foward.
    Kinda spendy but well worth the $.
    The 3/8" one is another excellant IR product. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Carl are you aware you need a compressor to make that sound....? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've popped a nut at 650 ftlbs

[/ QUOTE ] YOU DA" MAN!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

12. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I use about a 30year old Blue Point 1/2" impact that my dad had when he worked at John Deere (he's been at cat for 21years and JD the 10 years before that). They had to buy all their own tools at JD, so he just bought one tool a week from the snap-on truck. I think once I find a damn job I'm going to do the same. I have alot of craftsmen stuff but I'm constantly using his tools. The snap-on long handled wratchets kick the [darn] out of craftsmen stuff. I've broke several craftsmen sockets but never a Mac or snap-on socket from his set (the mac tools say John Deere on them, that was their started kit for work... Mac tool box and then a wrench and socket set, all say John Deere). I use to use the snap-on sockets on his impact till I killed/stripped a couple bolts. Then he dug out the 6point snap-on impact set /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif