Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Impala SS

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by riz, Jul 22, 2001.

1. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Well, still have the Impala ..........nobody offered me enough last weekend at the car show .

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

2. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

What year you got? I haven't been on CK5 much lately. Partly due to just moving, and partly due to spending too much time on the NAISSO site dreaming of a '96 ImpalaSS.

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'll take a '96 in gray! Any pics?

Dave

If You Drink Don't Park, Accidents Cause People.

91 K5 - in the process of 4" lift with D60/14FF plus LOTS of extras. ETF August 1.

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I like da black ones with tinted windows [​IMG]

Paul a.k.a. Paulie a.k.a. Juan Valdez, take your pick ! [​IMG]

5. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

How about a Caprice police pakage from the same year? It'll run right with an Impala. Plus, it's kind of sleeper too.

Never put a stupid move passed a stupid person.

6. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

A couple things, as for the 96, it might have a little more collectibilty than a 94/95 due to it being the last year. The major change in 96 was the dash went to all analog and included a tach. The other change was the computer system changed to OBD II from OBDI. Due to the OBD II system being over delicate, some Impala owners have actaully swpped over to OBD I, mainly when they start modding their cars. My personal favorite would be the 95, no OBD II and the rear quarter windows don't have the appliques the 94 have. The 94 window is still the pointy window with a plastic triangle over it. Up close it doesn't look too hot.
    As for a gray Impala, are you referring to the Dark Grey Green Metallic???? The 94-96 Impala SS only came in three colors, black, dark cherry and the gray- green. Another color (silver) was also listed for 96 but never went into production.
    About the 9C1, police package, I've got a 95 and I can honestly say its probably the best thing I've ever bought. The car hauls a$$ and seats five comfortably. The real beauty between the 9C1 and SS is the difference in price. It's a SERIOUS difference. It'd be nice to buy an SS, but it's also nice to save money, buy a Caprice and build it to your liking. I currently have an all new, leather interior that's going in to my Caprice. I've got a serious stereo planned for it as well as some nice rims and a killer paint job. I'll still be under half of what a Impala goes for. Not only that but the car will have some extra details that will make it stand out from a herd of Impalas.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

7. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Hey, talldogg your Caprice sounds really cool. I would love to find one pretty cheap for myself. About the only way to get one though is through an auction. Most of them will have high miles on them too. Was yours used as an actual police car or was it an unmarked unit?

8. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Mine's a 65 Super Sport........ oh well, I'll do more to it this winter.

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

9. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

not4show,
    I've gotten a good amount of compliments on the car and even some guys asking me if I'd sell it, and I haven't even done a whole lot to it yet. My car saw duty as an actual police car for the city of Long Beach, CA. I spent a couple months looking for it because I was on a budget at the time. I'm in CA and it appears that most of the Caprices have been retired in the state. I was looking on line and most of the cars I found where on the east coast. If you're interested try ebay, just look up Caprice in the motors section. Also try 9C1.com and impalassforum.com, they both have classifieds and leads on dealers. I would not recommend trying the auctions as that's were the dealers get them, you'll only be competing with them. Save yourself the time and hassle and let them find the car for you. You won't save that much if you were to go to the auction yourself.
    I got really lucky with my car, I stole it for $3700 and it only had 90k miles on it. These cars are meticously maintained, so don't let the mileage scare you, especialy on an ex-highway patrol car. Those just cruise all day so the miles are easier and the suspensions are tighter. When I bought the car it was still black and white, $100 later it was all black. It also needed a quarter panel replaced, that's why it was so cheap. The dealer I got it from said that he would have sold it for $5000 with out the quarter panel damage. A used quarter panel (ironically enough, off another 9C10 cost me only $100 and my body man put it on for $300, and did a hell of a job. For another $100 he filled in the following holes, three antennae holes on the roof, the radio antennae on the fender (I'm going for the shaved look), the hole on the hood from removing the emblem, and the hole on the trunk from relocating the key hole. I'm shaving the door handles next and then getting it painted. I've got the interior ready (black leather) but I'm waiting to get the car painted first as I don't want the seats to get damaged. I've got a ways to go, but in the end I'll have a car that will eat bmw's for lunch and mercedes for dinner!!!!!

10. not4show

not4show 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info talldogg, now that I know where to look, I might just have get one. If it's for the right price.

11. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

Don't mention it. I did my search on-line and it was easy and efficient. Try doing a search under 9c1 and used cop/police vehicles/cars and you'll get some leads that way as well. They're out there, it'll just come down to a little luck finding one near you or you might get a deal and have it shipped or you can fly out and pick it up. Before I found mine I had talked to a dealer in TX so I was go to fly out and drive to San Diego, luckliy mine turned up in LA.

12. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

I'll give ya ten bucks and put your floor in, How does that sounds Kevin?? lol. I'm ordering the floor monday, gotta wait for my momey to go to my parents credit card. And then it will hopefully be here in 7-10 days after that!!!!1 I'll take pics and stuff when I get it because it sounds like I'll get it before you. latas
    Ben 87 Jimmy
    <font color=blue>Rust=Bad</font color=blue>

13. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> Probably........I've been trying to haggle with the local dealership, but no go ........I'll order mine tomorrow !

L8r,