Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

important first gen emission info

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Apr 11, 2004.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I got these pages faxed from emissions parts locator. this is what cali emission is going by unless otherwise prof is summited that the vehicle did not contain this equipment (i.e. out of state, exception, etc)

for anyone in cali, the law does state the the original emission equipment must be present. we are only excempt from binanual smog inspections. I recently got cited for "tampering" with my emission equipment.

look under the "First Gen emissions" album
    http://photos.yahoo.com/arqdennis@sbcglobal.net

ARQ.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

from
    http://www.arb.ca.gov

Exemptions for Uncontrolled Vehicles
    Vehicles that were manufactured before emission control regulations took effect are called uncontrolled vehicles. Aftermarket parts regulations and anti-tampering laws do not apply to these vehicles.

Uncontrolled vehicles may have any aftermarket add-on or modified part installed as long as the vehicle can still meet the tailpipe emission standards for the year of the vehicle. Uncontrolled vehicles must retain any original or retrofit crankcase control (PCV) devices and NOx device required for the year of the vehicle.

The following vehicles are considered uncontrolled vehicles:

1965 and older : U.S. manufactured California certified vehicles
    1967 and older: U.S. manufactured Federally certified vehicles
    1967 and older: Foreign manufactured vehicles
    For more information
    To verify Executive Order numbers, or for questions about the replacement parts guidelines, please contact the California Air Resources Board Vehicle Hotline:

(800) 242-4450 in California
    (800) 322-9277 nationwide (626) 575-6858 non-USA.
    To obtain a list of ARB Executive Order parts, or for information on the Executive Order certification process for aftermarket parts manufacturers, please write to:

California Air Resources Board
    Aftermarket Parts Section
    9528 Telstar Ave.
    El Monte, California 91731

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

how the heck did you get cited (story?). Did you have to do a visual inspection even though your exempt? seems odd.

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

5. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

any vehicle made before 1975 in california does not need smog inspection.i dont know how they can site you for anything.you should take it to court and win.

6. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

true it does not require binanual smog inspection but it does require all original equipment to be present. i am going to try and take it to court. i just need to convince the judge here are the three points i'll try and present to the judge.

1) no bianual inspection required: need to work on this one a bit more
    2) I use the vehicle once or twice a month just for off-roading, sometimes i don't use it for months.
    3) My daily driver is a chevy metro. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I think i will convince him/her with this one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

any help with any of these welcome.

thanks,

ARQ.

7. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    any vehicle made before 1975 in california does not need smog inspection.i dont know how they can site you for anything.you should take it to court and win.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, 30 years and older. Its 2004, so 1974 and older. You can get a "SMOG CERTIFICATE REQUIRED" on your regristration renewall notice, in witch case youd have to go to the ref. to obtain a one time exemption verification.