Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Important! Help!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88 jimmychanga, Dec 30, 2003.

1. 88 jimmychanga

88 jimmychanga Registered Member

I got an awesome deal on two side sliding windows for my '88 Jimmy's top, but, they are from a '76 Blazer! Any chance they'll fit without a lot of modification?!? Please help! Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I think 76 and up are the same, but I may be wrong /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why do you want 2 piece sliders? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif I think The slider windows are not that hard to break in through and the one piece windows look so nice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

AFAIK they should work as long as you got the track and all. The full top windows are a little bit bigger and don't fit in the half top frame. But a half top window fits in a full top frame (it will rattle a little)

5. 88 jimmychanga

88 jimmychanga Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Why do you want 2 piece sliders? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif I think The slider windows are not that hard to break in through and the one piece windows look so nice. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant two as in one for each side. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks to all for the help, guy sold them off to someone else! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

definitely not worth the hassle. Roll down the rear window and the drivers and passengers, and call it good.

Of all the problems the rear sliders have, much additional weatherstripping that goes bad, and metal screws into the aluminum frames are two of the most frustrating.

I put sliders on my truck originally, then noticed the wing window was loose. Decided to fix it, but ended up not getting ANY of the screws loose, as they were bonded to the frame, and too small for the force needed to remove them. Then of course I noticed how bad the weatherstripping looked, and how much moss grows in the channels, and how bad the lock design is, and I swapped the old non-sliders back in. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif