Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

important question!! kind of..haha

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 4, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well i cant deside which way is the best way to go for me and need help desiding. being 16, having a minum wage job you know..should i replace the floor and tail pan, as wel las the front floor, in my blazer, and it also needs rockers..or..should i just drive it, untill i get ot wear i ca nafford somehting better, and look for a near rust free k5? cuase i HATE body work..im more mechanical and like doing things like engine work and lifts and stuff like that. then i could just go ahead and spend my money on that rather that having to get the body work all done to..which is not cheap! and takes a lot more time (i would need the truck quite often of course as you can imagine)..but what do you guys think? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

Bryan-thanx

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Drive it until you can find a better one.

The time and money you put into repairing the floor, etc. will never allow you to get your money back.

I would just find a newer one that is in pristine condition and look for a fuel injected year, from '87 to '91. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth 1/2 ton status

Put your cash into parts that you can swap under a better body.

I'm like you and I hate body work, so I plan on swapping another body onto my truck, or putting my running gear in a truck with a better body.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

so you mean like..just wait and get another better one then right!? lol..i think swaping a body would be more trouble than its worth since its all stock still. if i had a lift and a lot of other stuff into it i might condsider it..cuase around here..its pretty hard to find a good body on a bad frame or something od like that lol..i think im just going to save the cash for a southern k5..one with hardly any rust...then do the fun stuff liek putting a lift in, adding my tires and wheels, and what not. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Bryan

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

hell im almost ready to go for a pickup..they are so much easier to keep up with body wise..the back goes bad or something in the bed..hell..you just PUT ANOTHER BED ON IT! lol.and the cab is easy enough to replace..or mostly just the floor bourds that need it. trouble is with a blazer..its all one peice..and if you want to replace the rear section..then you have to do some fancy work and cut the tub of and weld it back on and all that crap. BUT..you get to ride around topless....to me..thats the only thing that a k5 really has going for it over a good pickup..that, and it seats more people. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Bryan

6. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

seats more people, covered cargo, shorter wheel base / sharper turning radius, and a much bigger coolness factor

On the other hand its is much easier to swap over boddy panels and parts on P/U's though!

I say lift what you have let it rust out, then later find a nice one and swap stuff over.

7. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea but mine has like no tailpan at all...its totally disinagrated away...and the floor is that way on the corners in the rear..my outer body really aint bad but my floor is total sh*t..and i would hate to put money in to a lift and all..and have such a sh*t body..i mean thats peoples first impression..man i can imagine right now the work it would be just to get those body mounts loose! and wear would i find a blazer BODY...around hear..that would be kinda rare it seems.
    i think i should just drive it..stock..then get something w/ a really nice body and go form there! and yea..thats the big thing i like about pickups.that i DONT about blazers..the body issue. pickups are so much easier for that type of work! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif and for the cover thing..heck just put a tonoe cover or a fiberglass one on it! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    Bryan

8. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

If you already own it, just drive it and don't put a lot of money into the body work. No need to impress anyone right? Enjoy high school and worry about working on trucks later when you can afford to do it right and enjoy it.

9. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

what!!?? trucks are have my life!! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif sorry but i jus cant do that! lol /forums/images/icons/grin.gif im stickin with my plan to drive it UNTILL i can afford to buy something in really good shape and go from there. cuase my truck was well..cheap!!(575) and works getting me wear i need to go so..and its not woth really fixing up..it could be done..but of me its not worth it. but trying not to get my truck and biuld it up..and worry bout it later would be pure torchur to me! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif haha /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

10. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

just wheel the hell out of it. I wouldn't personally waste my time with any stock body panels. If you're gonna replace stuff, you need tubing rockers, sheet metal floor, and just bob that backend off!!!

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea but this is my daily ride to highschool and back and what not haha /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif i cant have it have missing lol..if i could just get a new floor in it...

12. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Looks like you have lots of extra parts from that other truck. Why don't you sell parts from the other truck to pay for your hobby? Try Ebay or the "for sale" section of this site.

13. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well theres not much anyone would want on that other one. the body is total sh*t. inless somebody could use the 10b axls from it, or some interior peices....

Bryan