Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Important questions for 4" lift owners!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77K5Blazer, Apr 23, 2001.

1. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Important questions for 4\" lift owners!

Hey all:
    I am planning on purchasing one soon, and as yet I am undecided. So, can you all tell me what you paid for your lift, what brand it is, how much you spent on the lift and anything to help witht the ride or any problems that occured. Also, how long have you been running it and what size tires and wheels are you running? Thank you for any information!!

1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 31x10.50r15 BFGs [​IMG]

2. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Re: Important questions for 4\" lift owners!

I am running a 4 inch spring lift from Rough country and love it. I paid just under 600 dollars for the full spring lift front and rear, That price is completely unbeatable. That includes shipping right to my door step. plus if you watch the are frequently on sale, the just were recently, I dont know if the still are but the sale price is like 100 less. There is no quality issues either, it is a great kit, it comes with shocks and everything. I think it has a nice truck like ride without being to harsh either. I am running 33s with no prob;lem and colud fit 35s with minimal or no rubbing except i only have a 10 bolt axle with 3.42 gearing, so 33s is about as big as I want to go with that set up. I am running 15X10 inch rims. For a few pics go to my website.

http:\\www.86blazerk5.coloradok5.com

Ike

Spreading The K5 Gospel!

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I have a 4" Rancho lift of unknown age that was on my truck when I got it. I'm sure there are many softer lift springs around today. My truck still has the 4" rear blocks and although its not the best way to lift it has done well for me. The number one improvemnet in ride quality and flex for me was the installation of greasable front shackles that are about 1/2" longer than stock. Huge improvement!
    I had 33's when I got the truck, moved up to 35's almost right away with some minor trimming and just recently added a 1" ORD body lift, trimmed some more and now run 36" TSL's that don't hit at all [​IMG]

Rene

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://jules.coloradok5.com>http://jules.coloradok5.com</A>

4. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

I have a 4" skyjacker lift (no blocks) with 33 bfg m/t no rubbing until the sway bar dissconects. minor trimming takes care of that. Ive got 8000 miles on the lift so far no sagging and the ride is better than before the lift.
    Happy Wheelin
    Butch

[​IMG]IF EVERYTHING WORKS IT AINT A REAL TRUCK[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Re: Important questions for 4" lift owners!

i'd go with the rough country. you can't beat that price and it's a good kit. my bro in law had one and it flexed nice and road nice on the road. my 4" is of unknown origin and i run 35s with fender cuting and no swaybar. 4" is a good all around lift hight for multipurpose wheelin. just my .02.

78, 350/350/203, 3/4 ton, 4" lift, 35" BFGs[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/>http://bluebeast.coloradok5.com/</A>

6. Daveytree

Daveytree Registered Member

I had a Rancho 4". I ran it for about 4 years before my truck burned. It was a great lift. Pretty stiff, but it took the abuse. I didn't experience any sag in that time. I had blocks in the back and springs in front. You can purchase springs for a bit more. I think I paid around $500. I also purchased a steering stabilizer when I did it. I do recommend that. It will cost you about $120, but it really helps keep the truck on the road. When I purchase my next K5 a Rancho will be one of the first things I put in. It may cost a little more but I think it's well worth it. I hope this helps.

[​IMG]If you don't like my driving, <font color=red> get back on the road.</font color=red> [​IMG]

7. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

When you get the kit spend the extra money and get bood shocks (read: Bilstien). I have a 4" lift that was on the truck when I bought it. It has Rancho RS5000's on it and the ride sucks! Other things you might want to think about: Shackle flip in the rear and u-bolts that point up and not down.

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust

8. RLBstein

RLBstein 1/2 ton status

I like the Rough Country. It was 299 for front springs, shocks, steering arm, bushings, and lift blocks. I didn't need rear springs, cause I went with the ORD shackle flip. It rides great to me. I shoved 35"s underneath without any cutting. Oh yeah and it might only be a big deal to me but shipping to only 4 days.

85 Blazer on an 82 chassis, 6.2L Diesel, ORD flip, 35's with no cutting on a 4" lift.

9. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

What 35's will that be. 4" without cutting?

"K5 Grand GT Blazer Silverado in the Netherlands."

10. 1big78k5

1big78k5 Registered Member

I have a 4" Superlift Kit for sale, with Superide front springs. I just took it of my '78 K5 and put a 6" superide kit on it for more tire clearance. The 4" kit only has about 3,500 miles on it. It has rear blocks, u-bolts and shocks. The only thing you would need is the 4" raised steering arm which sells for about $60.00 If anyone is interested I live in CT. just e-mail me.

'78 K5 SB400, T350, NP203, 35" Swampers

11. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

My 87 had Rancho 4" springs, RS7000 shocks and a 4" body lift when I got it. It rode like a rock. I just spent about $450 for Tough Country EZ-ride front springs 4", ORD heavy duty shackels, swaybar disconnect kit and all new greaseable spring bushings. What a differance! After changing all the bushings, the rear springs could actualy move[​IMG].
    I still have a lot to go, but it was a great improvement. I have 38.5", fenders are trimmed and could use a little more in the rear. If I could do it over, I'd go for all the spring lift I could and dump as much body lift as possible (lower center of gravity). Call ORD they can set you up.

[​IMG]

12. moose35

moose35 Registered Member

I have a 4" Tuff Country lift with the soft ride springs. I run 35's and only had to trim a little bit of fender for full compression flex. The ride is reasonably smooth and the price is great.

13. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

I've just completed putting a skyjacker 4" lift with all springs and put 15 x 10 rims with 35's. No problemo. $501 for the lift.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

14. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

I seem to recall reading somewhere (maybe here) about some guy who ordered a lift kit, and when the tech on the other end asked him what it was going on, and the guy said "a blazer" the tech gave him 6" rear springs rather than 4", but kept the 4" for the front. Ya might think about doing that also. I think that was a Skyjacker lift.

Email: xiaozhu@my-deja.com

15. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

I went with Tuff Country. Very good flex. My shocks are ProComp ES3000. I'd pick some different shocks next time. These soak up small bumps but big ones on the highway make me feel like a yo yo.

Don't forget you'll also need to get extended brakelines for about $90.

<font color=red>Spirit of 76</font color=red>

16. baby blue

baby blue Registered Member

i had rancho springs and the ride was great .now i have 6 inch super lifts and the ride sucks,,,a tank

babey blue

17. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Honestly gang I believe most shocks are made by Gabriel or Munroe so it doesn't matter to much. I did mount some wrong one time. Cylinder up and they rode really bad. Make sure you mount them cylinder down. My rough country kit is great and tech support is really good.

18. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting

77K5Blazer, Where did you come up with that cool GIF.
    I think we should have prizes for the best sig.
    good job! and good luck with your lift.

[​IMG]