Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

improvements to my manual bender (pics)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rdn2blazer, Mar 6, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

here are a few improvements I have made to my bender to make it a bit more user freindly. I made an adapter out of 2 in solid round steel then slotted it the thickness and width of the ratchet finger. I drilled and taped holes on top and on bottom to mount the handle tube to it. I then used a large piece of DOM 3/8 wall tube that sliped over the adapter and has through holes top and bottom so SS button heads bolts screw into the adapter. to hold it onto the finger there are two SS set screws that tighten against the side of the finger.

I then I made a knob to hold the aluminum drive handle in place. for small tube I will just use the main handle but for 2 in dom or hrew I made an aditional extension handle thats slips into the main handle. I also mounted the bender to a home made heave duty stand that I made to pivot or index incase I run into something while bending. I can pull the pin and index the bender around to a different point and finish the bend.

I had my bender powder coated the same orange when I had my parts washer coated. I still need to paint up the stand after I drill one more indexing hole at 90 deg from the first hole.

DSCN0879.JPG

DSCN0880.JPG

DSCN0882.JPG

DSCN0884.JPG

DSCN0883.JPG

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  2. rdn2blazer

the knob has a square hole in ot so I machines a piece of aluminum witha square on one end to engage into the handle then made a counter sunk aluminum washer to hold it to the alum. spud. the I pressed a SS splined Allen socket cap screw into the other end. more pics

DSCN0888.JPG

DSCN0886.JPG

DSCN0889.JPG

DSCN0890.JPG

DSCN0891.JPG

3. rdn2blazer

more pics, I cant leave ANYTHING alone.

DSCN0892.JPG

DSCN0894.JPG

DSCN0895.JPG

DSCN0899.JPG

DSCN0900.JPG

4. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Sweet work as always. Your skills are impressive.

5. jmd4x4

jmd4x4 1/2 ton status

That looks like crap, with all the paint removed and ground down. Plus orange black and crome does not go good with each other. So with that being said you need to sell that peace of junk to me and start over and do it right this time.:D

later
    jmd