Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Impulse Audiobahn Purchase

Discussion in 'Audio' started by sled_dog, May 4, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of those stupid, why did I do that?, purchases. I got them for the rear deck lid speakers on the Saturn. The ones in there now suck if there is any bass. They crackle and yell at me. So being so completely stupid about audio stuff, did I do good purchasing this stuff? Cost me like $80 before shipping I think. 6.5 Audiobahn component set.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

$80.00 for components ?? You did good. By the way, you're going too want too do the fronts as well, and put them on a 4 channel amp.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sorry $58.95 + 20 or 25 shipping
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32819&item=5770294215&rd=1
    Go for that all day long.

I got the speakers and tweeters installed, just need to install the crossovers and wire it all up. Ran out of day light and was draining my battery with the trunk light. Can't quite see where I am going to mount the crossovers yet. Would like to do it to some of the metal, say the wheelwell area, but don't have a cordless drill here(any drill for that matter).

4. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I learned to not buy new electronics off ebay cause if you every have a problem with it the manufacturer will deny you warranty, I was pissed cause my pioneer radio broke 3 times for the same thing and the third time it was out of warranty by like a month, and they said no cause i bought it from an "unauthorized" internet retailer, that was an authorized retail store, but they were selling stuff on ebay.

But on another note, Audiobahn makes some good ****, I have a pair of ALUM12Q's, and ALUM10Q's and they hit HARDER than hell for a SG sub, and I have one of their big 2 channel amps and it works very well, except it draws a ton of power when the subs are wired to 1.33 Ohms. :blush:

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i buy all my stuff from ebay.at least a dozen car audio products so far, never had a problem yet. if i were to buy something really expensive like a 500$+ amp i would buy from an authorized dealer, but for little stuff like 100$ speakers i think the cost savings outweighs the drawbacks.

i think those components will be fine for what you've got planned for them. audiobahn isnt really known for that kinda stuff, mostly amps and subs... but hey it's only $80 right? should sound great for an $80 set of speakers, expect them to sound like $200+ components tho.