Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In 200 words or less: Why should I help pay your way to Membership?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Jul 16, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah- I'll give you $30 through Paypal (sorry) that you can use to become a full member. That's all you can use it for. Anyway, tell me why. Oh, and a possible photo of your truck? Maybe, if two are good, somebody else will be generous.

2. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Maybe being orange would help me turn my profile around. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

cause my wife left me for another man while I was in the gulf and she took all the money.....but thanks anyways theres probably more deserving guys and gals out there Jesse

4. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Because every dime I have is going into this and if I want it running by 2010 I can't spend money on anything else /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I vote for Jesse! [​IMG]

6. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

wow people aren't trying very hard here.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. BowtieRed

[ QUOTE ]
    Because every dime I have is going into this and if I want it running by 2010 I can't spend money on anything else /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    you have neon green wheels, you lose automaticaly /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

just kidding. . .

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I second that jesse is my vote .Hope things turn out for You /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. mudrunner78

mudrunner78 1/2 ton status

quit voting for me, I'll re-new my membership as soon as I get paid on the first, and my truck will someday run....lol Jesse

10. Sample

Sample 1/2 ton status

Thought my wife was banging another dude, so I got even with her by doing her friend. I made two big mistakes, I got the friend pregnant and I was proven that my wife wasn't cheating. Now we are going through a divorce. Life sucks sometimes.

11. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    you have neon green wheels, you lose automaticaly /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

just kidding. . .

[/ QUOTE ]

What is up with the GREEN WHEELS???? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

12. BowtieRed

ouch, that sucks dude, sorry to hear that.

13. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

lol...the wheels...My paint scheme for that rig was originally red and black. Since I am gravedigger I thought green and black would be more fitting. At this point I had never saw the monster truck "gravedigger" and had no clue it had the same paint color scheme. Anyway the wheels are green because the tires on em were junk, so I cut em off with the sawzall, sandblasted em and painted them before putting on the temp tires. The color is lime twist and the rims, sliders, bumpers, and armor will get the color. The rest including the top will get gloss black. The hood and front fenders will get ghost flames. This is my first attempt at anything this fancy and I am using my trail rig to practice on before doing almost the exact same scheme on my pops '68 Belvedere. I figure if I goof on my 4x4 it's no big deal as it will be pinstriped and possibly dented within a month of being painted =oP

14. Don

Don 1/2 ton status

What get's me is, people have an $700.00- $1000.00 Computer their sitting in front of, but to dig up $25.00 for a Membership, well now that's kinda pricey????

I cant' quite figure this out, any idea's??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Because I spent 7 months of my 12 month membership on active duty and now I have no cash to get a membership because my truck is acting up. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. 84K5cedric

84K5cedric 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Anyway the wheels are green because the tires on em were junk, so I cut em off with the sawzall, sandblasted em and painted them before putting on the temp tires.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it like voices in your head... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif [ghostly whispers] the tires are junk, cut em off and puke on the rims[/ghostly whispers]

17. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Because as I was heading to work, I recieved news that my best friend died, at work I got fired, on the way home a truck hit me head on and totaled the K5, and now all my money is going towards another K5.

Wait.............I'm already orange, and that never happened. hmmmmm. I vote Jesse. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

18. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

not everyone drops a C note on their PC. I have 3 PCs and a laptop and didn't pay a dime for any of them (I build and upgrade computers in my spare time and these are made from parts I replaced in peoples PCs, hand me downs if you will). I'd sell one but with dell selling PCs for under $500 I wouldn't get anything for what I have. Fact of the matter is it comes down to priorities. Unfortunatly registering to yet another pay site isn't very high..actually I cancelled all my other pay site subscriptions except for the keystone krawlers, which is a local offroad group and is only $15/month.

And as for my wheels, some people like chrome, some people like black, I like green. I was only explaining the reason why they were done and the rest of the sheet metal wasn't.

19. BowtieRed

20. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'll vote for Jesse.........

He spent a long time away from home in a faraway land doing because his country called. He hasn't asked for a thank you or glory. He is returning home to something that many a soldier has returned home to and has said he would pay up.

But I think just as a little "thank you," Jesse deserves it.