Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

in cab cage

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78k5, Jul 4, 2000.

1. 78k5

78k5 1/2 ton status

Does anyone make a in cab cage kit that can be put in a 78 k-5 cab? I have called every catalog that I have and everyone says that they don't have the smitty bilt in cab cage kit for my year. Four wheel parts said that they dont have it either. I have seen these in blazers and trucks the same year as mine but nobody can give me any info as to where to get one!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

If you find one....let me know.

I've been looking for one too.

L8r,

.Riz.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

4. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I can get you one from Smittybuilt. They do make one for the 78. The front kit which is designed to connect to the factory roll bar is 85.00. They also make one that hoops behind the seat but I don't have a price right now. I can get you a price if you want. Email me at toybox_offroad@netzero.net . I can have it shipped to you door usualy with in 5 buisness days.

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i heard that smitybilt stopped making them. even though, bear in mind that their cage bolts to the floor, not to the frame. you will need to make connectors to the frame for a real cage.
    artmorrison are EXPENSIVE!! you would be better off going to a good welding shop locally and have them measure and fit one the way you want it done.

Knife.