Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In cab snorkel? what do you think?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kickinasphalt383, Apr 8, 2002.

1. kickinasphalt383

kickinasphalt383 1/2 ton status

has anyone done a snorkel that pulls air from inside the cab, from under the dash? is it too loud? is it a good idea?

thanks

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Stephen Watson did it for his ORD Green Blazer.............ask him over on his forum. Seems to me it would be noisy hearing that sucking sound all the time................but depends on if it's a trail rig I guess /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Yeah, but the green Blazer rides open air, I dunno if you'll hear the sucking noises with all the wind blowing by! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. kickinasphalt383

yeah... i would do it no question if it wasn't my daily driver... its also a diesel so its sucks major air, so i dont know. but the truck is already noisy as hell, so whats a little more noise?!?!?

5. kickinasphalt383

no one runs one?

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Semi related... my neighbor built a v8 corvair which located the engine where the back seat used to be. He had the open air element sealed in the interior with panels that sepperated the engine... it was loud but even worse with the windows rolled up it would create suction that you could feel in your ears at wide open throttle.. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif loved that car!

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Stephen told us at the Holy Cross run last year that the in-cab air intake was too loud... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

8. bogginnut

bogginnut Registered Member

I have one in my Yota. Trail rig only, my Jimmy gets me around. When I did drive it on the streets years ago, I had a tee (PVC 3") under hood with one line running into the cab and one into the corner of the engine bay. Had a filter on one and a cap on the other. Just swapped em when needed.