Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In-Car Video, Class 7

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

This is from Billy Manfroy's in-car camera from Sunday's races at Prairie City. It's approximately 2 minutes long.........
    In-Car Video

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    This is from Billy Manfroy's in-car camera from Sunday's races at Prairie City. It's approximately 2 minutes long.........

[/ QUOTE ]
    No link....

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Fixed it /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Heck that is easy from the living room. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I failed to mention the special part of the video. Where they come out of the right hander and the engine revs, but they barely move, they blew the L/R tire right there. And as for the title of the video, the guy was only a couple of points out of first place and that set him back 20 points with one race to go. The white truck that is front of him is the two-time defending class champion and current points leader.

There's only one race left and the guy is kind of dejected over the bad luck, but the points leader is trying to get a new suspension on the truck before the next race /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

It should be wild at the next one.

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

That explains a lot (the tire). I wondered how the truck got away, or if I missed him crashing. Explains the hand in the air too.

Good sport though, he didn't pound on the steering wheel and curse like a maniac /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Yeah I thought something happened there. That looks like SO much fun. I would love to try that some day. Cool video! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

That's really cool. Best part is I can see myself standing there after the hair pin turn! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Man, and Patty was totally tearing it up! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah I thought something happened there. That looks like SO much fun. I would love to try that some day. Cool video! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's great, but when I'm up in the booth watching and writing, I'm dang near in tears cause I want to be out there so bad. There's a straight axle big Bronco racing and I want to tangle with him so bad in a K5 it's not even fun.

And yes, I've been around the track in a race truck and just riding, it's a f'n blast.

As for Patty, I don't know if you were there when I was talking to her, but they are trying to get the truck setup with a 4-link out back before the next race. If they get it done in time, the last race might get even more exciting than it is now.

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I was standing right by you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I thought she said that she thought they were gonna wait. Mostly because she'd hate to not test it out totally and bust quickly next month then have all winter to think about it...

I'm turning the pictures in tomorrow to be developed. Should be Thursday or Friday when I get them back and scanned in. I'll post em up when I do.

BTW Billy have anymore footage? If so, I'd love to see it.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    I was standing right by you. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I thought she said that she thought they were gonna wait. Mostly because she'd hate to not test it out totally and bust quickly next month then have all winter to think about it...

I'm turning the pictures in tomorrow to be developed. Should be Thursday or Friday when I get them back and scanned in. I'll post em up when I do.

BTW Billy have anymore footage? If so, I'd love to see it.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on who is doing the talking when it comes to their truck. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Billy's posted some videos from the spring on the VORRA board, but I don't know if the videos are still up.

The last one he posted was of the pile-up in April. That one is rated PG-13 due to graphic language /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif