Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In case anyone is wondering whether the K5 is missed................

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by BurbinOR, Jul 22, 2003.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

No is the answer.

Just spent the weekend up at Timothy Lake (up at 3500 feet level on Mt. Hood) and not only took a total of 6 people, but a dog, and every possible item you would need/want/dream of to camp with in comfort and style. Pulled the tent trailer great, tho it did only 50 going up the steep sections, not bad for as much crap and people as it had in it.

OK, maybe the 406 would have been a bit more fun up those hills............. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

I'm glad you are not regretting your decision /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

That is the same problem I am having...no room...(dog, kids and everything else) and the K5 dosn't pull a 24' RV worth a $hit...I need more wheelbase...and hopefully it will come by the end of summer... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif... /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif... /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Burb..........burb..........burb.............burb /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Always wanted a sub, but I have been waiting for deal on a 98 Extented Cab with only 25k miles on it that I can get at real great price if this person would run out of money, but I have been waiting for a year now so if it dosn't happen by the end of summer...I will be /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif about a /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

That would be cool. I like the Burb for our climate (all the enclosed space for hunting stuff and dog)...........looked seriously at a one ton crew cab with the 454 before I bought this............sweetness from the factory. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. reedmit

reedmit 1/2 ton status

Is this [​IMG] supposed to be a Beaver? I never noticed the Oregon plate looking (with a very good imaganiation) like a beaver but I can see it now. Am I messed up in the head or is that what this picture is supposed to be?

8. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

No I don't see a beaver were is it... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. reedmit

reedmit 1/2 ton status

Sent you a PM

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I find myself in the same dilema as you were a few months ago. What makes it worse is that I found an '89 that is set up pretty much the way I would want it for a decent price. I am thinking about looking at it when I get home this weekend.

11. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I see the beav now.,.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. edeslaur1

edeslaur1 1/2 ton status

You forgot to mention whether you miss it at the pump... ;-)

13. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Burb gets same or better mileage..............that 406TPI was thirsty around town. Got 13 mpg with it once going out the gorge on cruise control.............got 14.1 mpg with the Burb going down to the Long Beach peninsula over spring break. This was BEFORE I changed the original O2 sensor (160K miles), put new plugs, cap and rotor (roached) and adjusted timing from 2* retarded to 1* advanced. Now the Burb is a definite improvement over the K5.

'Course, could have something to do with how the K5 was driven.........power is addictive. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif