Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In case you were worried about Exxon...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Jan 30, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Exxon's profit for the year was the largest annual reported net income in U.S. history.

http://breitbart.com/news/2006/01/30/D8FF3N98D.html

2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

While the rest of us are struggling to buy our basic essentials now because of their price gouging. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

If there's one thing I hate, it's corporate America, and money lusting corporate executives. ROUND 'EM ALL UP AND SEND 'EM TO PRISON FARMS, STARTING WITH KENNETH LAY!!!

3. 86dieselburb

86dieselburb 1/2 ton status

That sad part about all this the price of gas will not go down, because now the oil companies have to match or better their profit margin to please the stockholders.

4. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

b@stards. crude oil went up a dollar or 2 so gas goes up a dollar or 2 a gallon. that makes sense to me.

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Cool, I think I own some Exxon stock:waytogo:

6. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

The novel concept of supply and demand has caused the sharp increase in prices at the pump. The idea is that people won't buy as much gas. Would it be better to sell it real cheap and run out of gas completly?

Although, now that the oil companies know what we will pay, don't expect a huge decrease in prices even if the supply is increased.

:mad:

8. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

The biggest reason I'm so ticked off about high fuel prices is

1) THERE IS NO PUBLIC TRANSIT SYSTEM IN MY TOWN. So if you wanna get somewhere, you either have your own vehicle, or you walk.

2) Don't have the money to get myself a more fuel efficient vehicle than me and my grandmother have (4-cyl Ford Ranger).

9. bigjbear

Don't be mad at me, I didn't tell you not to buy it.

10. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

You know why I dont like it? Because i gave to drive all day sometimes for free estimates, free to the customer at least, any way you slice it though, its 500 bucks at the end of the month , just for gas :haha::1zhelp:

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I watched the original "Gone in 60 Seconds" again the other day ( I have the dvd :woot: ) and if you look at the gas sign on the corner during the scene at the park , you'll see the Chevron sign with the original name , and gas at a really " high " price :thumb:

I used to really complain about gas prices , but I betcha they thought it was high back then .

I still DD my 83k5 no matter what .

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

its all supply and demand. We are willing to pay $2.xx a gallon... so thats what they charge for it. If everyone said "**** that, they can drink their damn oil/gas" the price would go down.

I'm just glad my car doesn't run on tabasco... tiny little bottle is like $2... imagine how much it would be to buy it in gallons? lol!

j

13. bigjbear

...or bottled water, for that matter.

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Whoo Hoooo!!!!!! Go Exxon :waytogo: :waytogo: :waytogo:

BTW Their profits are NOT FROM PRICE GOUGING! They still have been making 8 to 10 cents a gal of gas profit that they always have. That is one of the lowest profit margins in big business. Their profits are from increased sales and high demand world wide.

If you want to accuse someone of price gouging try the federal ,state, and local governments. Which gouge most motorists for 60 to 75 cents a gallon.
    Please put the blame for high gas prices where it truly belongs.

There is a great way to be pleased when energy companies make gobs of money. Buy Stock in them I smile every time I fill up.

15. bigjbear

They won't believe you. I've tried to point this out several times. Tools of the media, brother.

16. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So...give'm some info!!! Like stock prices...LOL...the buy-in isn't cheap.:doah:

17. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Ok hears some info CWPC = CanWest Petroleum Corp
    Its not Exxon but who Knows could be some day
    I bought in under 2.00 a share. A fool can do the math and see i have already made a good profit. Even at 5.00 a share it is a good buy IMHO.
    Check it out

CWPC Quote:http://www.quote.com/qc/stocks/quotes.aspx?symbols=BB:CWPC
    Dont say i never gave anyone a good tip.

18. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

I thought I read something awhile back about economic terrorism and since the U.S. depends on so much oil and gas. the real sure way to get out economy to slow down and possibley crash is to keep raising the base cost of everything and one of the base costs is fuel.

there are millions of cars millions of homes and businesses that heat with petroleum. then there are also thousands of powerplants that either run off coal or liquid/gas petrol. then the farmers... many of them run diesel tractors.

in order to refine corn ethanol as an alternate fuel source requires more energy (as of now) to make than would be feasible.

dammit all these scientists and they haven't had one nuclear powered vehicle yet... well, one that has wheels. just think it'd be able to run for the next 300,000 years.

19. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Coal is separate...

And nuclear wheeled vehicles would be badass until you got into an accident!

20. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I bought PEIX in November at $10 per share. They are an ethanol producer. I sold it around $11 just before year end because it was barely moving and I needed the cash I had tied up in it...

I checked it Tuesday... It was at $18+ per share, I could have almost doubled my money if I just held it... No doubt it will be much higher in the next few months. I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the 40/50's in a few years...

Damn you Thumnder, you got me all obsessed with this stuff... :haha: :haha: