Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In dash CD player

Discussion in 'Audio' started by CrazeeBush, Jun 13, 2000.

1. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

2. NeXuS1

NeXuS1 Registered Member

picture from my Jimmy which i kind of gave up on, one of the hardest audio installs i've done. the whole dash had to come off to install the cage.

We are Blind to the worlds within us, waiting to be born.

3. CrazeeBush

Looks good to me. I'm about to ditch the in dash install and make a custom console for it. WHere mine is at now I can't see it and it's hard to reach. I'm 6'5" and I'm way far back from the head unit. I'll admit it's not an easy install, but if you take your time it's not so bad. Just hold up the sleeve and mark your cuts and be careful. My friend put one in his pickup truck and he just sniped the corners and folded the sheetmetal in. It works fine as well.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Hey Crazee, be careful if you toss a CD player in your console. I don't think any of them are designed to operate at more than a 30 degree mounting angle. I had a guy call up the install bay I work at the other day saying the CD player never worked in his Jeep. Turns out he had it in a Steel Horse console and the thing was mounting almost straight up and down. It sure looks cool but doesn't work worth a crap.
    Just thought I'd mention it...its one of those things that a lot of people forget about.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. CrazeeBush

I hear ya bud. I had planned on making it like 15 deg or so. Good info anyways. Only CD changers are designed to play at 45 or 90 degree angles. Thanks for the warning.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com