Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

in-dash clock

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by delta9blazer, Mar 2, 2000.

1. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i just saw the pics of the tachometer, and something caught my eye. in the cluster of gauges (temp, charge, etc) the bottom left is a clock. my space is empty. i was thinking about putting in a factory-look tach where the giant fuel gauge is now, and move the fuel gauge to the available small window.
    now i want a clock.
    if anyone is parting out a truck with this, or decides they don't need a sissy clock in their manly rig, shoot me an e-mail.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

2. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

a clock shouldn't be hard to find. I am glad you decided not to put a tach there, a few weeks ago I took apart the dash to see if I could do the same. Way too much work just for a tach.

<font color=red>Hunker Down

[​IMG]

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

My 79 had a mini tach in that hole, man, whoever did it (considering the amount of work) wasted his time!! [​IMG] Can't see it, unless you bend down and squint, and that is not a good idea! Don't waste your time. He obviously thought it was trick, when I looked at the truck that was all he wanted to talk about, but he didn't even get the internal light to work, so in the dark.........you were clueless.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

4. wnderbra

wnderbra Registered Member

I put a tini-tach in my 83 on the dash mounting it in the lower hole that holds the plastic trim(drivers side of windshield).I am sure it's not a first but the wires slipped right down behind the dash and it looks pretty good for no drilling. Just an idea!

5. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Got a mini-tach in my clock's spot. Don't have any trouble seeing it either. It's a Sun unit & is angled up just a bit and backlight works fine. Jut my .02 cents worth & I like it!

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>