Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

in floor heat

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jay web, Feb 21, 2003.

1. jay web

jay web Registered Member

do any of you have in floor heat in your shops/buildings? how expensive is it compared to the "regular" methods of heating to install, etc. how does it stack up in the monthly bill dept? i saw a post on this but can't remember if it was here or not (if it was -- sorry for the repost)

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I am hoping to pour a floor in my shop this summer. I am going to put the pipe in for the floor heat, but instead of the pretty expensive heater for it I am going to wrap my wood stove w/ copper tubing and put on a small circulation pump so the fluid will heat when the stove is going and the pump will move it around. Sometimes if I am busy or gone I don't go in the shop for a week or 2 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif so I can't see paying to heat it when it is not getting used!
    I have also seen people make their own setups using a small hot water heater and a pump.

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have also seen people make their own setups using a small hot water heater and a pump.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Thats what I was going to do.