Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In Havasu, need tire today!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by Rhinopkc, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

Anyone know where I can get a 37" tire and an 8 lug wheel today? I don't care if it's used, I just need it for a spare. I have fairly new MT/Rs on now, so I would be willing to drive a little to get a new MT/R , but I can settle for anything used if it's close by. I'm new in Havasu and have no idea where to buy off road equipment like recovery gear etc. , so any advice would be helpful in that area as well. I tried Discount tire, but they can't have an MT/R until Tuesday, I want to go out this afternoon. Even a loaner for the day would be appreciated.

2. FWP

FWP CRS

Welcome dude! I haven't seen you post in here before. The Amigos head to Parker all the time. I take it you didn't find a tire? IIRC There was guy in Parker who did some tire work for Marv on a Saturday, and was a really cool dude. His name was Fidel Castro, seriously.

Anyway, do you plan on hooking up with the Parker 4 wheelers? I know there's a group in Havasu also, but I forget the name.

Fred

3. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

My problem wasn't finding someone to do the work, it was finding someone with a 37 in stock. I rolled the dice and went anyway. My buddy got a new Ranger and was dying to take it out, so I followed him around for a couple hours.

I'm in and out of town too much to make any commitments, but I'll keep an eye out for the Parker or Havasu groups and try to hook up with them when I can. Right now I have 0 people to go wheeling with, so it would be nice to meet some people to run the local trails with.