Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In-line steering stabilizers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazinaire, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Who is using in-lines (one on left, one on right)? Are they mounted in front of the tie rod? Are there any issues hitting them on rocks, obstacles, etc. that I wouldn't have with a single stabilizer mounted behind the tie rod? Would the coilover type be less prone to damage? I'd like to hear everyone's experience with any type (pros/cons).

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I used to run dual in-line stablilizers back when I ran a 10 bolt up front. There was a plate that bolted to the middle of the axle housing and the stabilizers bolted to that. the stabilizers themselves ended up behind and slightly high of the tie rod. I never had a problem with them. I now run a stacked dual setup on my D60 and I'm not so certain of this setup. This year in Moab I bent the lower one on the Lower Helldorado trail so bad, I had to take it off to continue. After that, I went through all of my steering pieces, replaced some ball joints, and found that I needed only one stabalizer anyway. This is with 39.5's. I think if your going to run dual, the in-lines are the way to go. Good luck.