Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In over my head??? Frame off resto!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5_77, Sep 26, 2004.

1. K5_77

K5_77 Registered Member

Trying to restore a 77 K5 and decidded to take the body off, sandblast and POR the frame /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif, which went fine. Now the problem is that I have the cab off, upside down, and it needs lots of parts /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif(forget about the interior parts like floors and kick panels when the body is back on). The cab supports are totaled and there seems to be no rear cab supports, etc and no ineer rockers??? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif The supports at the back under the floor ehere it turns up to meet the bed are in need of work also! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

What I need is a factory drawing or Original Photo of how these things are supposed to look from the factory underneath???? /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Any help is greatly appreciated! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. K5_77

K5_77 Registered Member

TTT - How much do i have to pay somebody to take me a picture of their mint underbody??? (I hope the cyber-cops don't take that the wrong way!!!!)

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Wish I could help ya--there probably isnt a rust free K5 anywhere,thats why no one has posted a picture for you!.Maybe someone in arizona or nevada can help--here in new england,all the K5's are patchworkand bondo! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif