Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

in rememberance of my pup.... :*(

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Jun 25, 2005.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

cheeto, my 14 yr old saint bernard died tonight... her liver and kidneys failed just like our first saint. she was having a hard time breathing and couldnt move at all... we spent the whole night with her cuz she would get scared and freak out if she was left alone. we've had her since i was 7 yrs old. its hard to let go of a good dog... everyone go hug your dogs right now, you take them for granted until theyre gone. but theyre the best companions youll ever have, they'll love you unconditionally for their whole life. :*(

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Awwww dude.. you have my sympathies. I've been in your position, and it sucks. At least you were with Cheeto, that made her feel better.

Are you going to get another one soon? sometimes that's best cause you're already in the habit of taking care of a dog, and it dulls the pain a bit.

Anyway, remember that crying is ok, and that Cheeto is in doggie heaven.

T

3. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

I know its tough man, I love my dog Clyde (TuffDog) so much I named my company after him. He's getting old too, around 13 and I know I'm gonna be a wreck when he passes. Just remember... all dogs go to heaven :)

Here's some pix of my crew:
    http://www.tuffdogstudio.com/pack.html

And heres a link to your local Saint Rescue, in case you didnt know of them already:
    http://www.sincitysaintrescue.org/

My mom adopted a female Saint last year, she is awesome.

Hang in there man, big hugs from Clyde, Comet & Barney.

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

That sucks dude. I feel for ya.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

:( :( :( :( Sorry to hear, man... I lost my dog of 10 years in February myself, I know what it's like... It almost seems worse when a dog dies for some reason. I've lost family members (aunts, uncles, grandparents) and it was nothing like my hairy girl...

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Sorry for you loss...

My condolances on the loss of your pet!...I've lost a few too,and know how badly it hurts...I buried one of my cats about 5 years ago out in the woods behind my house after it died of diabetes.("Tripper").it was 11 years old..another we had gotten about the same time passed on a few years later--
    I think the loss of his companion hastened his death..that cat was my "lap" cat--I could not sit more than a few seconds without him climbing in my lap--even when he was so sick and weak he could hardly move,he still insisted on siting in my lap!...I had to have my brother take the cat to have it put down.. :frown1: .I couldn't do it..it still hurts me to think about "Rusty"..we have 2 other cats now(and a whole yard full of strays)..but they aren't the same as those 2 were..I think the loss of a pet is as hard or harder to take than the loss of a person sometimes..especially if its sudden and unexpected..

Take comfort in the fact he'll be waiting for you when you reach the pearly gates....keep the faith!.. :crazy:

7. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

I know what you're going through. I had a dog since I was two named Scooby. He was about the most loyal dog you'd find ANYWHERE. He got to be just over 12 years old and declined fast. He was typically allowed only in our utility room (we didn't need a gate to keep him out of the rest of the house because he knew not to go in it) but during the last year of his life was allowed to sleep in my room and on my bed. The first few months he'd hobble up the stairs to my room, but after about 6 months you could hear his hips creaking as he struggled up the stairs. It was heart breaking. So from then forth I would carry him up the stairs. He knew his bedtime so about 10 each night he'd head to my room, and whenever I was late... he would attempt the stairs himself. I often found myself crying when I caught him trying. At about 12 and 1/2, we had to put him down because I knew that he was miserable in the condition he was. I won't forget that dog for the entirety of my life. I know have a 3 year old lab who, I swear, is the wildest dog in the world. He's got so much personality and spunk that I find myself waiting for him to talk to me. But even with him being how he is, he can't replace Scooby. I imagine when I pass I'll find Colby and Scooby sitting waiting for me at the Pearly Gates waggin their tails. :(

8. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

I've put down 3 of my own dogs in my 26 years, and I've been "on-hand" for a few as well. I helped the vet put a St. Bernard to sleep a few years ago... he was 145lbs, and 12 or 13 years old. Amazing animal... I know your pain, and it was hard to do even though it wasn't my dog.

9. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

hey man, I'm sorry. I know that's the most heart breaking moment I can think of in my life, besides my grandparents passing away. it really hurts to have your best friend that spends day and night with you and greets you when you get home and seems to be sad when you leave.

I buried my lab mix a year and half ago. Wolfgang was 11 then and I loved that dog so much. one morning he was out in the field and I seemed to know what happened. I held up pretty good until I threw that last shovel full of dirt on him. I broke down right in the yard and cried like a baby. he was so loyal and loving to me and my family. he used to wait by the driveway when my niece rode the bus to my home from school and walked her to the door. damn I miss that dog! I don't think I'll ever find another quite like him. :frown1: :frown1: :frown1:

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

I have not had to get rid of a long time pet yet. But sandy (rat brat) is a 13 year old cocker spaniel. She cannot get up on the water bed or couch by herself any more. Cannot get away from the little puppies that we sell. I have to wake up a few times a night usually to help her back up on the bed after shegets down for something. Gets food whenever we go out like soft taco no lettuce, double cheese burger and more. I even brought her a couple burgers when i went to the company picnic a wek ago. She is now coughing and congested constantly. She also has an enlarged heart among other problems. She can walk and talk/beg fine but she is over 90% blind from cateracs. Hope this is a long time off. Sorry to hear about it for you. If you were close would offer to give you a schnawzer pup.

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

It sucks losing dogs. One of mine is getting old but thankfully she's still in great shape. I lost my cat last October and that was really hard. My friend just found his cat in the road yesterday. No matter how much they piss you off you still miss them when they go.

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

The only time I've had to put an animal to sleep was a cat that I had from 7 years old until I was 19. I took her, Samantha, to the vet and it took two shots before she passed on. What put me over the edge was when she finally took her last breath the song "Sounds of Silence" came on the speakers in the vets office.

I came out of the little room bawling like a toddler. Even made the vet nurses start cryin. Was the worst experience of my life.

My deepest condolences to you my good man.

13. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I grew up with a German Shepard - great dog! My parents swore they'd not get another dog. Eight years after she passed, I'm finally in a position to have a dog - have my own house, not deploying.... So I went and got myself a dog. Black German Shepard. She's incredible. Intelligent, energetic, and sweet. I couldn't ask for a better dog. The downside is that she has a very slender bone structure. The hip displacia that is common among German Shepards has already hit her hard at the age of three. I'm already saving up money for hip replacement surgery, 'cause I'm not going to let that stand in her way of having a full life.

We do incredible things for the furry, four-legged friends in our lives.

I'm very sorry to hear about the lose of Cheeto. Dogs become so much a part of a family, and a part of your life, that when you lose them it leaves a huge hole on the inside. But everyone here on this 'board knows it's worth it, every single time. Our pets complete our families. I don't want to know what life and family would be like without their addition.

My words of wisdom for you are to make sure you concentrate on the good times, and your fondest memories of Cheeto. Keep him alive in your heart. My prayers are with you, brother.

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My deepest condolences. Pets are members of the family. Nothing hurts worse then the loss of a family member.

15. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

thanks guys... ive got 3 other dogs, 1 saint and 2 bloodhounds. i love my dogs to death, and cheeto was an amazing dog... they never can really be replaced it seems...

16. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Scott,

Sorry to hear about the loss of Cheeto :(

My Great Dane Nikko passed with Cancer when I was in Kyrgyzstan 2 years ago and it was really hard, especially being so far away and not coming home for 4 months after that. We had him cremated and have his ashes in an urn with an engraving on it remembering him :(