Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In stock:3:1 NP205 Lomax

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lomax, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Lomax

Lomax Registered Member

This message is to respond to the many posts regarding the NP205 low gears. The 32 spline kits (case and full gear set) are in stock and shipping out. The package includes a new nodular iron case and full HD gear set. Price is $1400.00. Contact JB Conversions, Inc. at 337-625-2379 or visit www.jbconversions.com.

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

holy crap, your kidding me! they are finally for sale!:rolleyes::eek1::doah:

3. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

holy smokes batman

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

You are my new favorite person! :thumb:

Congrats on getting this thing out, and at a reasonable price too. Just a quick question: When you call it a 3:1 gearset, is it truly 3.000:1 or is it something more like 3.10:1 or 2.90:1??? I know, it sounds like splitting hairs but I was just curious since I'm frantically rebuilding my gear and crawl ratio tables in Excel to see just how this announcement affects my build plans. :D

Also, perhaps it's implied in the message above, but is this a complete "bolt in" transfercase...or do other parts still need to be added to finish it?

:usaflag:

5. Lomax

Lomax Registered Member

205 3:1 tcase

The new case is passenger side front output. The case has both the round pattern and 8 bolt. The round pattern has two choices of holes in case you want to raise the front output. The case will mount to any adapter already suited to a GM case. No special adapters are required beyond that required to mount a stock GM 205. You transfer your output shafts, shift rails, forks, and bearing retainers from your case to the LoMax case. We will be stocking new replacement front output shafts (32 spline) in a few weeks. The front output shafts should have been in by now but they are running behind. We can also provide bearings, seals, etc..

The ratio is right on at 3:1. The gears are a bit wider than stock to accommodate the lower ratio however the overall length of the case is the same as stock.

6. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It looks like we are supplying the output gears (no biggee), but what about the input gear. If you are supplying it, is it the short or long 32 spline input???

I just looked, and it looks like the short 32 spline. Any chance of getting a long 32 spline input as that will be what I need?

7. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Great news...... :waytogo: My hats off to ya... you should sell alot of 'em.

What is the shifter setup. Can you isolate front only (hi/low) and rear only (hi/low)...? :ears:

Marv

8. Greg72

Anything more than a "snowballs chance in hell" that this will someday be offered in a driver's side drop??? :crazy:

Mog 404s are opposite of traditional Chevy.....and that's what I'm using on my current project.

I have some rather "unsexy" alternatives to try to move the pumpkin to the Chevy side....so I figure I'd at least ask the unpopular question now and get it over with.

9. Lomax

Lomax Registered Member

shifting

The new case offers the same shifting options as a stock case. We did not modify the shift shaft bores or cross pin bores. Twin stick modifications are done to the shift rails identically for our case or a stock case.

Ford cases will come later; if the GM cases sell well.

10. Greg72

Good to hear :thumb:.....I was trying not to use the "F" word, but I guess that's really what I was talking about.

Could your "GM case version" be run upside down to achieve the same effect (immediate thoughts are that the linkages would be an issue, and it might also leak like a seive!)

BTW -> I'm loving the idea of a 9.3:1 doubled low range (187:1 and 125:1 crawl ratios), being able to run 7.56 axle gears and still turn only 2100 RPMs at 65MPH on the highway!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006