Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In TEX--AS (For the weekend)

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by BowtieBlazer, Jul 26, 2002.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Drove into Houston today. Don't have the blazer. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Still in a GM Truck. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif In Houston for the night heading out to meet rocko in Round Rock tomorrow. Be in houston briefly sunday morning and away I go back to "LOU-si-aner." Seen quite a few blazers none with CK5 stickers, so you houston area people need to do some work! Anyway just wanted to see who I was near. (Also an excuse to post in the lonestar forum) /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

If you take I-10 back to Lousiana through Beaumont look for my truck I'm around that area.

3. blazentank

blazentank 1/2 ton status

what part of houston are you in

4. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

I'm not in Houston. I'm a little south of Beaumont which is about an hour and half east of houston on I-10, but I spend alot of time in beaumont (college and work).

5. BowtieBlazer

sure will keep an eye out...you aren't that far from me. Toledo, a member here is in your are as well, maybe a little closer to orange, TX His roots of course are from the toledo Bend area on the LA side. Either way we should all meet up sometime.

6. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Yes we should. I haven't met any CK5 guy's yet. Ya'll know of any good places to wheel around the lakes thats not too bad? Maybe we could meet up there somewhere.

7. BowtieBlazer

I need to talk to toledo a little more he knows a few area's out his way we could check out. I'm almost stock but wouldn't be that worried he has a longbed chevy on 38's? or 39's? w/10" of lift. Also a winch if he got the one he was looking at.

8. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

who's got what on 38 or 39s?does it flex??? /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

9. BowtieBlazer

"Toledo" a member on the board does. Not sure if it flexes or not never seen it in action. Truck was builtfor mud the way he bought it with 10" of lift. If I had to guess from the way he says it drives and the fact that he wants smaller tires for better street travelling manners its probably stiff as a rock like most muddin trucks are... I believe toledo is living around orange, TX somewhere...

10. jc71355

jc71355 1/2 ton status

Hey I don't know if your into Hot Rod's and all that fun luvin stuff but on August 9, 10, &11 There is a Car Show/Rod run. Rod run will be on 11'th street in Beaumont and the Car show will be on Crockett Street. Should be alot of people there. There was a TON last year. Good fun, PM me if you wanna go and I can give you better directions.

11. BowtieBlazer

i love going to any car shows but I will be out of town or enroute between home and miami so I will have to pass on this one.