Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In The Driveway

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 724fishin, Nov 29, 2001.

1. 724fishin

724fishin Registered Member

It has been awhile since I posted.

I finally scrounged up the money to finish paying for my 72 Jimmy and brought it home on tuesday. My wife said it was cute (not quite the look I was going for). The seller had it so loaded inside with spare stuff (some good, some junk), that it took all my spare time yesterday to get it out of the truck. Spent today washing it. Most of the work I am planning now is cleaning up the interior. Mechanically and body wise it is in pretty good shape.

I have a question about axle spacers. I believe the truck has the stock axles but I haven't confirmed it yet. Obviously the rear axle is narrower than the front. If they are stock is the difference 3 in.? Is anybody running wheel spacers to to correct the wheel spacing? What are peoples thoughts on spacers?

Thanks

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah some people run them ,I think Steve ran them until he changed axles... On the side I read your profile and I'm a stay at home dad too, let me just say we get no respect at all...BTW does your wife spoil the kids so you look like the bad guy[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

A friend is running some 1/4" wheel spacers on his Blazer and it makes a difference. If you put too much spacer between the wheel and the axle you run the risk of breaking the studs, since the wheel doesn't pilot on the flange center. Another possible problem is making the tires hit the inner wheel well lip when compressing the suspension heavily.