Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

In the market for a 4" lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Junior_Fangler, Apr 20, 2001.

1. Junior_Fangler

Junior_Fangler Registered Member

In the market for a 4\" lift

I'm looking for opinions on 4" suspension lifts. I'm looking for a quality spring (i.e. won't lose it's arch over time). I thumbed trhough the archives and noticed that a lot of you guys are running tough Country lifts. Is that because of the price or is this a particularly good suspension system?

77 Blazer 350/350 NP203 FF14 D44
    Patuxent River Hard Rock Crawlers

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Re: In the market for a 4\" lift

I and a lot of others in our group are running Superlift lifts. We have had very good luck with them. They have a lifetime guaruntee for sag to the original owner.... They do sag some over time, but any spring is going to....

If you are concerned with flex, get Superride springs...

Mike - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>[​IMG]

3. Junior_Fangler

Junior_Fangler Registered Member

Thanks for the recommendation Mike.

The Blazer is a daily driver and occasional tow vehcle. It sees a little off-roading but not much right now. That may change in the future but for now it tows the other toys.

77 Blazer 350/350 NP203 FF14 D44
    Patuxent River Hard Rock Crawlers

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

If that is the case(and you wnet with Superlift), I would probably go with 4"HD front springs.. I had these before I went to my 6" Superrides and they road quite nicely(even had compliments) and even flexed nice too, but were a little stiffer....

Also other brands to look into are:

BDS
    Skyjacker

Dont have much experience with the others... I dont like Explorer Pro-Comp just becuase there IFS lifts suck and so does their Customer Service.

Mike - <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>[​IMG]

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

If you don't want sag you'll want a stiffer spring. There is just about every brand of lift posting here... Tuff country is very popular but is a very soft spring... Superlift superride is a little shorter then advertised but rides really nice. The 8" lift truck I drove was WAY nicer then my stock ride. BDS is talked about alot, but have only heard of 2 or 3 guys using it... that is what I just purchased. My second choice was Skyjacker softride. Sounds like the skyjackers or the HD superlift would fit your needs of not sagging the best.... Emmitt is the man to talk to on superlift.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

6. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

I've got the el cheapo Rough Country and it rides better than stock. Albeit rough. It isn't a car.

7. Daveytree

Daveytree Registered Member

I loved my Rancho lift. It was a little stiff on the road, but it was not bad. I was really suprised when I had to really hit it when pulling out a Bronco. I had gotten into a place where I probably shouldn't have been. My only choice was hammer it and hold on. The Rancho was as smooth as I could ask for. I also didn't notice any sag after four years. I was very happy.

[​IMG]If you don't like my driving, <font color=red> get back on the road.</font color=red> [​IMG]