Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Inboard Spring Pics ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willymonster, Jan 3, 2007.

1. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

hopefully if its not raining here this weekend im gonna start the indoarding of my rear springs . does anybody have any pics for me ? it should be fairly simple im just gonna put them under the frame instead of outside . i have a plan in my head just like to see some more ideas :laugh:

2. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

3. Jimbo*

Jimbo* 1/2 ton status

PM or email Kert at DIY4x.com He's done this to a crew-cab and I think there's pics around here somewhere.
    Jimbo

4. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I messed around with this for a while. Ripped the frame up a couple of times. The conclusion I came to was that you need a crossmember right where the front hangers are, and at very minimum boxing from that crossmember to the shackle hanger in the rear. When I changed my springs so that they were just barely outside the frame it made a big difference in the way the truck drove. I have pretty soft old springs on, with the springs under the frame the truck dang near flopped over on itself on pavement. When I put them outside the frame it helped this alot. Also I did not lose any articulation from putting the springs just outside the frame. I think that the springs can only twist so far and then they don't go any further.

5. willymonster

willymonster 1/2 ton status

right on guys , thanks for the info . blazenzuk, what truck did you do this on ? If it was a chevy witch springs were you running ? im gonna do 63s :laugh: