Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

incab +exocage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HELLBENT DESIGNS, Apr 19, 2005.

1. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

i wanna do this, i plan on following the unwritten rules about not welding cage to frame and bolting incab through floor. i may be using ORD bushings to tie the whole works together. any big issues with this? this will be a full exo front to rear bolted to frame at suspension mounting points. :dunno:

2. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Other than it being twice the weight...no there is no problem with having an incab and exocage. Personaly I just went with an exo that was properly triangulated.

Hey I see you are from Bozeman... you comming to the trailride this weekend? It should be great with the new snow we are getting. :D

3. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

haven't heard of the trailride :dunno: have had my head down between hellbent and work :angry1: i know i can make the exo hellforstout but i want seat/harness mounts plus i cut the dash for better incab cage tube placement. :D

4. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

Trailride is this Sat meeting at Belgrade IGA @ 8:00. Its being led by the Mountaineers 4x4 club. Here is a link to the M4x4A website ware local events like this are posted http://www.m4x4a.org There are a couple of prety good rigs in the Bozeman club.

My body mounts to my exo cage...it works on the same principles as a seat being mounted to the interior cage. Plus if for some reason the body mounts brake the body will still be contained in the exo. I have seen seat mounts brake and the guy inside go tumbling around the cab. I figure as long as my seats and belts are well secured to the body and the body is secured to the cage I'm good.

Hum for some reason that link didn't work

Try this www.m4x4a.org