Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Indexing pitman arm for X over?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Jul 25, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Jul 11, 2003
    Tomorrow I am starting on my front axle swap. I scored a D44 with ARB locker, ORD Xover, Chrom moly shafts,CTM ujoints, Rockstomper tie rod, and Rock Stomper diff gaurd. Sweet setup. Well I have to change the ring gear out also due to chipped teeth. I have a R&P and install kit. My Dad is helping me the R&P install. Once that is done I am taking the old D44 off and putting the new one up. I have a 2wd steering box and the ORD pitman arm. I am going to replace the sector shafts and continue to use the box I have on there now. I however do not have the nut that goes on the 2wd shaft? Does anyone know what size it is? I hope i can pick it up from a hardware store.... Anyways as long as I have the steering wheel straight when I park the K5 i should be able to moun the pitman arm correctly. My question is at what angle is the arm supposed to be indexed with the wheels straight? Thanks for any help and wish me luck. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Aug 14, 2001
    withthe wheels pointed straight it should be indexed straight back. There are only 4 points it can be indexed so it's pretty simple. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif