Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

INDY 4 WHEEL JAMBOREE - Sept 24-26th (pre reg is the 17th)

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by jjlaughner, Jun 17, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Tickets are $15 at the door for spectators

We are trying to get a few people lined up to show as a group. I'm not 100% on how the registration and event participation goes. I'm seeing its $65 per truck (includes tickets for 2 people for 3days), the group discount is $5 per truck. So far I think we have 2 going.

So how bout it? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    REGISTER

$65 pre-registration price until Sept. 17 or $80 at the event.

[/ QUOTE ]
    http://www.familyevents.com/eventinfo.asp?id=64

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

Re: INDY 4 WHEEL JAMBOREE - Sept 24-26th

me and mt buddie went to the one in lima and were planing on coming to this one /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. jjlaughner

They say Indy is the biggest one of the year /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Last year they had all of the back area of the fairgrounds full and most of the center of the track! They keep raising the prices each year trying to weed out some people, but more keep showing up!

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I went the last 5 years and last year was not that great. The lima Ohio show was a great show this year compared to Indy last year.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm in.

6. jjlaughner

Mudjunkie - I dont think they where ready for that big of a show last year /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I bet this year it will be almost full.

84_Chevy_K10 - /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I guess I should see whos going to look and whos going to enter? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I'm going to show and advertise the Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association and HoosierK5 (a fullsize truck club, there's too many jeep clubs in IFWDA).

Bigbird4wd (mark) I think was going to do the rock crawl
    Justin mentioned maybe doing the rock crawl
    I'm going to show/setup a group display, maybe work the IFWDA booth a little.

http://jjlaughner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'll be in for the rocks. I can bog if they've got mud there too. I don't care, I'm up for anything. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

8. jjlaughner

I think the $65 registration ($5 off per person for groups) covers 2 people for three days and 1 event (I think its either the rock crawl or show and shine).

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I guess I'll just go for the rocks then. I've been wanting to go for a few years now. Nothing is going to stop me from making it this year.

10. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

i still remember the first time time did some rock.....well mostly ran his front end into em /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Did that mostly the 2nd time I tried the same place, too. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Your registration fee covers at least one event, rock crawl, mud drag, or show and shine I believe. It may cover more than one event. Also, it is a mud drag, not a bog, the mud is shallow, normally no one gets stuck.

Also, Tim, just to let you know, you pretty much don't have a shot at winning in the mud, your truck is built for rocks and trails. A few years ago, when I mud raced at Indy, I was running a K20 with a 350 with about 400 hp, plus mods to the tranny and suspension, all setup for racing, and the best I ever placed was 15th out of 50.

Not trying to put your truck down, just that it's much better suited for the rocks than to compete in the mud drag.

13. jjlaughner

Thats basically what I was trying to say with the rock crawl or show comment... the mud drags I consider a PRO area... those guys are running some major horses and paddle tires. I have a couple quicktime videos from last year, most of them where tube frame, mid engine dragsters with a front axle.

14. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah those mud drags were NUTS! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

15. gzzgfw

gzzgfw 1/2 ton status

I agree Justin,
    Our trucks are great fourwheelers even could do well in the Bogs. But when I raced drags, I would bring a good running truck with gears, locker, limited slip in front and tires and get blown out of the water because they knew how to pull 18 in. vaccumm out of an 450 small block. Stock class my ass? So now, I just watch too!

16. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats basically what I was trying to say with the rock crawl or show comment... the mud drags I consider a PRO area... those guys are running some major horses and paddle tires. I have a couple quicktime videos from last year, most of them where tube frame, mid engine dragsters with a front axle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, classes 4 and above are definitely quick. But, the lower classes are for "stock" trucks, these generally run on Friday. The rules for "stock" were pretty lenient, just to give you an idea, I ran a wild cam, had a very hard time pulling 15" vacuum, and about 11:1 compression and I ran the stock class. There were guys with bone stock motors entering, but they got blown away. It's a blast, and if you don't do rock crawl, you could always give it a shot. One year a guy I know got lucky and won stock class because his truck threw a piece of mud ahead of him that tripped out the timing light, giving him an awesome time.

There's always tough truck to enter also. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

17. jjlaughner

So I should should leave the 3.08's in (instead of regearing to 4.56's) and buy a NOS tank and run friday night /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

18. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Sounds good, just make sure to hide the NOS really well. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Your registration fee covers at least one event, rock crawl, mud drag, or show and shine I believe. It may cover more than one event. Also, it is a mud drag, not a bog, the mud is shallow, normally no one gets stuck.

Also, Tim, just to let you know, you pretty much don't have a shot at winning in the mud, your truck is built for rocks and trails. A few years ago, when I mud raced at Indy, I was running a K20 with a 350 with about 400 hp, plus mods to the tranny and suspension, all setup for racing, and the best I ever placed was 15th out of 50.

Not trying to put your truck down, just that it's much better suited for the rocks than to compete in the mud drag.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never intended to win anything....my truck is a lot of things but a show winner reguardless of what type of terrain it is on, it is certainly not.

If it's a mud drag forget that anyway. Bogging would be fun but leave the drag racing to someone else.

I never go to these comps to win. I don't really care if I don't win, I just enjoy going. Trying to play the, "who's is bigger" contest isn't ever a good situation.

As far as any type of mud racing/bogging, no manual trans rig with 16" wide TSLs is going to ever win something like that.

20. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

My family and I go just about every year but it looks like I wont make it this year. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I had a blast last year, hopefully we'll be back next year with both my crew cab and K5. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

You guys have fun and be sure to post lots of pics!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif