Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Indy Jamboree with Zac

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 23, 2001.

Well Zac and I actually made it up to the Indy Jamboree yesterday around 9 A.M. and got home around midnight. I think I wore his little butt out. We walked around looking at trucks for hours(100's to 1000's of trucks). Watched the mud drags, rock-crawling, tough trucks(Zac thought the breakage was really cool), and monster trucks(Zac was hooping and hollaring the whole time). We got to see Steve Frisbie(85m1009) and Neil (Mudzer), a couple nice guys and man can that K5 of Steves' flex. Steve signed a copy of the Four Wheeler mag he is in for Zachari and just made his day. Zac and I got to ride in a monster truck, even got lucky enough to ride in the passenger seat with him on my lap, grinning from ear to ear and yelling go go go the whole time !! The driver was loving every minute of it too. He gave the driver a hug and thanked him before leaving. Zac is a really huggy/loving guy. Just ask Neil !! Another fellow we know up at the show drive an 86 K5 sitting on 35" Mickey's and decked out for show let Zac sit in his truck and play like he was driving for a good 45 minutes !! Zac loved that and didn't want to stop. Zac got him a Indy Jamboree shirt to show off at school and of course to look super cool. He now has two Jamborre shirts so we can have a break and do laundry every other day now. We had a blast and now it is recovery time for both of us. Now that is why we have kids !! Just thought I would share our experience with everyone that knows Zac (Lil'Burb)and I (BigBurb). This is the first and furthest outing we have attemped since 13 November 99 when he was diagnosed with cancer(Luekemia). 17 more months of chemotherapy and he will be done. He is doing great and yesterday is one more reason to keep on fighting !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>I Like my Burb'n on the ROCKS !!
    <font color=black>Imported to Kentucky through military channels !!

1. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Glad to hear that you both made it there and back. I usually attend the Jambo with Steve, but due to other commitments, I could not make it. I am also glad to hear you are not letting this illness get the better of you. I really believe that your attitude can really strengthen someone who is fighting an illness like this. My prays are with you, your son and your family.

I may be slow, but I sure am fat!

2. Thanks for the comments. Zacs' illness changed our lifestyle extremely, but no it never took us down-down where we couldn't get back up. We stayed strong to keep him strong. We have cryed together and laughed through some other tough moments, but there is a reason for everything and we are doing great. We've got one happy little boy !! Thanks for the prayers.

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Harvey,

Thanks for the kind words. I am sure Frisbie will comment when he gets around. He dropped me off at 11:00 in St. Louis and still had a 4 hour drive to his home - pulling a trailer!

It was very nice meeting you and your Son. Zac is a great little guy for sure. Glad you guys had fun - our group had a blast as well. Things were so busy on Saturday, I didn't get to go look at your Rig. We will definately have to hook up sometime and go wheeling. So, you going to trade the Burb for that K5 you spoke of? Why don't you keep that rig, Burb's are cool! Steve Frisbie and Layne both had killer Suburbans and wheeled them all over the country.

I must tell all of you on these boards - It is always great to meet people from this website. I was able to talk to Big Burb like I had known him for a long time (Actually I have - on the internet). Friends and Family always ask me how I have met these "K5 People". I tell them "On the Internet". Most people freak out when I say that. I have met and made some very good friends from this site. Not long ago I met Steve Frisbie, Layne, Ken, Todd, Shaggy and Tyler. These guys have been very much a part of my life ever since. I talk to these guys more than my Mother! [​IMG]

I look forward to meeting more of you in the future. Maybe se should have a "reunion". I propose we have one October 26th, 2001 in Potosi Missouri. Be there or be square! Check out my site in the next few weeks for more information.

Just want to tell Steve Frisbie thanks for letting me ride along, and Yes his rig does flex! He did great on the Rock Crawling course. People were remarking "I wouldn't take a nice truck like that through there!!!". Well, he not only took it through the 4 foot diameter boulder field, he did it without a single scratch on the body. His diff guards do work - In fact I bought a truss and diff cover from him! Check him out at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</font color=blue>

4. 85m1009

85m1009 1/2 ton status

It was nice to meet you and Zac! It is nice to put faces with user names. I am glad Zac had a good time. It is hard not to with all the different events they have at the jamborees. As a sideline, I managed to stay away from any damage the whole weekend, through the rockcrawling etc... but managed to cave in the passenger door this morning on my mailbox, go figure...

<font color=green>Steve Frisbie</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com>www.mooffroadoutfitters.rockcrawler.com</a>

5. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

It a very small Mailbox that has tryed to bite my Suburban once.

6. Thanks back at ya ! It is definately nice meeting new folks and talking like you have known them well. I have to call the guy with the blazer to see what he wants to do. Yeah I know it is a show truck, but the damn thing is a K5 !!!

7. Zac has is autographed Four Wheeler mag up on his shelf in his bedroom. Another hero !! Now he'll want a Hot Wheels version of your K5 !! LOL Everytime he sees a yellow truck he says it is "Steves' Truck", so he's gotcha pegged now !! Damn mailboxes ! My 2000 has a dent in the door from something similiar, but I'm not saying what it was. Nice meeting you and I am sure our paths will cross again. Take Care !

8. My Burb would have bitten back !!